Bird Cage light

TRC

Authorized Seller
Hi guys , i am having this issue whit the light since i have the car...I already changed the gasket MLS now and ARP ....but everytime i push car on the road the light comes on ...when i drive slow there his no light....i have fluid in the reservoir and the car his always at the normal temp....i have taken the reservoir off but i cant see any sensor.

Any help would be apreciated.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
There is a float sensor in the white/ivory reservoir. When that float isn't floating, it triggers the light. If your reservoir is really full and it still sets off the light, maybe your sensor is bad.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hi guys , i am having this issue whit the light since i have the car...I already changed the gasket MLS now and ARP ....but everytime i push car on the road the light comes on ...when i drive slow there his no light....i have fluid in the reservoir and the car his always at the normal temp....i have taken the reservoir off but i cant see any sensor.

Any help would be apreciated.
I had that float sensor located on the bottom stick on mine when I first got my Supra as the reservoir was filled with gunk and old coolant inside it. I took the whole reservoir off and cleaned it out with some hot water, engine degreaser and used a baby bottle cleaning brush to make it look new again.

Dose your reservoir have gunk in it or possible oil residue?

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
If your birdcage doesn't flash when you take a corner, you're not going fast enough.

Seriously, the fluid sloshes around. I can just about tell how much fluid I have by how much the light flashes while cornering.

TRC

Authorized Seller
I had that float sensor located on the bottom stick on mine when I first got my Supra as the reservoir was filled with gunk and old coolant inside it. I took the whole reservoir off and cleaned it out with some hot water, engine degreaser and used a baby bottle cleaning brush to make it look new again.

Dose your reservoir have gunk in it or possible oil residue?
I did clean my reservoir and i couldnt see any sensor in it....the light only flash when i go fast like in 4th or 5th gear in a straight line....its just weird