Beginning this project (1989 Supra with a previous 2JZ swap)

Black95

Authorized Seller
If this is in the wrong sub-forum, please let me know. I will be asking for help on identifying parts pieces and corrective action.

I am starting to work on this project car that I kind of inherited. It was an original 1 one owner 1989 Supra Turbo with a 2JZ single turbo swap. It needs significant work for me to consider it a road worthy car.

A little background:
This car formerly belonged to a member here. It starts and runs but needs significant work on the interior, exterior, wiring, mechanical.

The things I can identify it has:
- 2JZ single turbo swap
- AEM Stand-alone engine management
- No MAF sensor

Engine Compartment problems:
- The wiring is kinda jerry-rigged throughout the interior and engine compartment.
- While it runs, when cold starting it bogs down just after idle and hunts. When hot, not as much, but it is idling at 1,500rpm steady.
- Leaking from the oil pan gasket, from what I can tell.
- Leaking from line going to what appears to be an oil cooler.
- Many loose wires that end in nothing.
- Other wires run everywhere without a lot of rhyme or reason and sub-standard connectors.
- A mishmash of lines and hoses and some parts that don't look like the belong in a car, never mind an engine bay.

Interior problems:
- No climate control unit.
- No Stereo
- No Glove box, but there is a bird's nest of wires connected to the AEM
- After market seats with cushions missing
- Interior panels missing or needing repairs

Exterior problems:
- Shaved door handles. No Remote!
- Trim missing or damaged.
- After market hood.
- Front bumper cover modified.

I imagine that this will be a longer project for me to work on. My first question for you guys is, in this forum, am I better off asking specific questions in a new thread every time, keeping them as part of a longer single thread, or some combination of both.

Thanks for reading. I can post some of the pictures of the initial state, but I want to make sure I am in the right sub-forum first.

A70nut

Authorized Seller
If you don't have any luck using the search function to find the information you need, I would then suggest probably making a build thread so you can track progress and also allow others to chime in as you go and have questions. As to not be possibly starting a bunch of new threads on topics that have been frequently discussed.

Black95

Authorized Seller
Thanks. One thread makes sense, but I wasn't sure if an ongoing repair thread was the same as a build thread.