Back again

Justin727

T-virus infected
Authorized Seller
Here I am back at home again;)

I purchased a 91 Turbo Targa white package with blue leather earlier this year and have been slowly working on her.

Engine:
1jzgte (stock turbos)
DM Intercooler kit
Tial 50mm bov
Custom intake pipe
DM 3"dp (modified with racing cat)
HKS DraggerII cat back exhaust
NEW radiator (OEM style)
Dual E-fans with controller
Powder coated Charge piping, Valve covers, and Intake mani
E-bay chinesium strut tower bar (that I plan to toss soon)
Blitz DTT DC

Not sure if I like the XXR wheels. Their offeset is a little too aggressive for my liking. Also I'm still getting use to the HKS Dragger can out back. I knew it was going to be big but didnt think it would be as big as it is. Needless to say it's very quiet which I like. It's not loud or has droning issues which is great but the size of it screams louder than the sound it puts out.

The car is an enjoyable drive. The motor is as smooth as butter. Part of me wants to go crazy with this car and the other part of me wants to keep it mostly as is with a short goal in the 400 rwhp range (possibly on upgraded twins). I'm also kicking the idea around of either swapping out the stock boost gauge for a stock volt gauge or possibly installing an aftermarket 52mm boost gauge in it's spot.

We'll see how this one pans out

Attachments

RiyadYar

Authorized Seller
Contributor
very clean car . good luck with build.
Im also building a 91 with 1jz non-vvti . i made 420 on pump gas and its fun as hell for a street car with no lag garret 3071r dual ball bearing. although im finding myself wanting more power(it doesnt scare me anymore haha). working on handling for now and maybe a compound turbo setup to get the best of both in the future

Justin727

T-virus infected
Authorized Seller
Welcome back. Super clean looking car!
Thanks bud! It's been about 10 years since I've had a mk3, figured I'd come back.

How much was the buy? Thanks
9K. Still needs some interior bits replaced, leather, and windshield trim but It's a Southern Fl car so the sun did it no favors.

very clean car . good luck with build.
Im also building a 91 with 1jz non-vvti . i made 420 on pump gas and its fun as hell for a street car with no lag garret 3071r dual ball bearing. although im finding myself wanting more power(it doesnt scare me anymore haha). working on handling for now and maybe a compound turbo setup to get the best of both in the future
I believe anywhere is the 400s is a good street car. My ISF (427rwhp) has been one of my favorite cars to drive because it is so refined, reliable, and an all around great package. I think the mk3 would do nice as a 400rwhp cruiser. I'll have to turn the boost down on this one because I'm positive 14 psi on the stock turbos will kill them faster than normal and I don't want to deal with that just right now.

I start a build thread when it's worth the time to actually do something with it. Thanks RiyadYar

Thanks everyone and I'm glad to be back.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Welcome back! Love seeing familiar names trickle back in, looks like a solid start!

ibcrazee

tested
Authorized Seller
looks good Justin! hope to see you around some time. last c&c i took the mk2 and a couple mk4's from la. showed up. the mk3 is a rare sighting locally... congrats, you scooped up a clean one.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Authorized Seller
Welcome back! Love seeing familiar names trickle back in, looks like a solid start!
Thank you! When I really decide to take it a different direction I'll start a build thread.

looks good Justin! hope to see you around some time. last c&c i took the mk2 and a couple mk4's from la. showed up. the mk3 is a rare sighting locally... congrats, you scooped up a clean one.
The last C&C I attended was over a year ago. All since then have fallen on drill weekends for me so I couldn't make those. If There's a clear weekend with no chance of rain I'll take it out here and there. Thanks!! There's some things I need to do but nothing major.