Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

Xistant

xistant
Authorized Seller
erm... sweetheart you told me so!

i concur IJ! but hey me saying that eldar was still holding onto my pillow with a grip like a wolverine after i was with him... (to some degree add more detail haha)

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
erm... sweetheart you told me so!

i concur IJ! but hey me saying that eldar was still holding onto my pillow with a grip like a wolverine after i was with him... (to some degree add more detail haha)
I dont recall but I dont doubt it either

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
RUN FOR THE HILLS! (Run for your liiieiiiefe! Horns up)

I fkn hate this time of year for all the fkn bills an crap. I'm aching to get back into the build but the funds have slowed to a halt. I need like half a doven things before I can get into even one facit of it. Shits me.

IJ do you have a big arse air compressor or an electric rattle gun? The crank bolt on my Aristo wont come off and the piss ant air compressor I have doesn't seam to have enough grunt :p

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
She is on an auto, so I've done the breaker with starter trick, impact gun (with shitty small air compressor (77lpm for a 150 lpm gun) and tried to hold the pully while breakering all with fk all success. I'm going to weld up a proper pully holder and I was hoping to get access to a more powerfull air compressor and try again along with some locktight freeze spray (assuming I can get my hands on some).

Any chance i could loan one of your BaC in the not to distant future for a couple of hours? I just need to break the bitch then I can get on with the belt adn seal change.

pato

need more powa
Authorized Seller
well i managed to get my car up and running again ( broken down for about 3 weeks )

the teeth on the crankshaft cog for the timing belt (the CAS works by reading the teeth) decided to seperate itself from the cog, and hence no timing signal.
seemed weird to me that this happened. anyone ever heard of this happening before ??

on other topics. my exhaust is totally rooted. have been offered a second hand but good condition kakimoto cat back for $450. what do u guys recon, good price ??

Xistant

xistant
Authorized Seller
price is good

teeth came loose wtf! what condition was ur balancer in? how tight was ur crank bolt? cos thats something very very hard to break unless... something big fell inside there and messed things up?

pato

need more powa
Authorized Seller
everything was in good.
so yea no idea aye.

funnny thing was that the main reason that my mate knew what it was before i started pulling it apart was that it happened to his mates 2j
and his car was an immaculate 2jz in a is200 running a turbonetics massive turbo. making something like 440rwkw.

so yea. strange

Xistant

xistant
Authorized Seller
farkin hell dude

on better news

i have a budget and things i WILL do to the new supra.

i forsee a long and awesome fun build ahead.

FIL

Authorized Seller
man.. another slow day at work.... just counting the days till the next race meeting...

then counting the days till we can f**k off outta here to Cali again...

man, i'm tired of counting...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Wish I could say the same - having a schocker here!

Painters trashed my house yesterday, so been dealing with the real estate all morning, Sam's boss didn't pay him, so trying to stop some direct debits that are coming out this arvo, my boss is away on holidays, and hired me a new assistant who started on Monday - she would have to be the most annoying person I have ever met, has primitive computer skills and fails at learning.

On top of this, 2 of our biggest clients have called me this morning with things to deal with urgently

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
Well for once I'm the becon of happyness! Good new job ,final got the aristo back on road, most of my supra parts are in and I'm doing some new art work for another show.

My only complaint is suprasport, seriously don't bother buying from them. Completely fucking useless when it comes to customer service, I've had one reply / update in over a month since ordering and that was only cos I threatened to start a dispute with paypal.

Speaking of which it's about time I find out WTF is going on with my order. :p

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
yup have previously, no reply. Although he may have followed it up for me as I got my one and only reply after sending the same email to him and Jack. I'll shoot out another email tomorrow. Just got home and I'm wrecked.

FIL

Authorized Seller
so wednesday night i went to the motorplex as usual, took the supra cos i could... it started fine on the way to work in the morning, and again after work... then when i got to the track, i turned it off to sign in, and it wouldn't crank again... just cranked slowly and then stopped... i got it inside, and tried to start it a few times during the night, but it wouldn't turn over...

got home tonight expecting to need to charge the battery to find out whether it was dead... anyway, turned the key tonight and it fired right up, after sitting since wednesday night... so now i'm back to square one...

the terminals were a little loose, so i tightened them tonight, but it had fired before i did that... and was charging at 14.5 volts with no accessories on and 13.6 with the headlights on highbeam and the stereo cranked right up...

so now to test it out, i guess i have to go drive for about half an hour, shut it down and see if it fires again...

FIL

Authorized Seller
thats what i thought... it's been cranking slowly when the engines hot since i got the car back on the road... but i let it cool from about 5:30 when i got there, till we left around midnight... so if it was temp related, it should have been ok...

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
Have you got a spare to sling on and try? It's a pretty quick n easy job and worth doing even if it is only a 'just in case' scenario. I was half sure it was a starter on mine a while back, changed it over and it was like a new car afterward. Well not quite but you know...

Just walked back in the door from 'an outing', seams as tho I was too hasty with my statement about the aristo being back on road. I have to say I'm far from impressed with toyotas 'reliability' with this particular car... I'm starting to think we should of just brought a new car and dealt with the debt. :(

FIL

Authorized Seller
i used to just rock it back n forth in 3rd and it would fire up if it had been having issues....

Xistant

xistant
Authorized Seller
you run 12 volt off battery, through relay, to starter motor, the power that used to activate solinoid instead activates relay, it makes sure starter gets good volts, relays arnt that fussy, they can trip as low as 8 volt

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
Oh ok, I get ya. I assumed it was the same as old sckoolers, which is essentially as you described it any way, power directly to the starter with the ignition bridging the connection. Good idea then.

FIL

Authorized Seller
ok... tried a brand new, bigger battery last night... it made no difference...

have just ordered a relay, wire and some terminals, so will give the relay mod a shot next time i'm under the car...

wasn't really planning on jacking it up again, as it's just spent 12 months on stands... but i haven't really got a choice...

btw... anyone know if the relay mod has been used much on 1jz's? when i search, every reference to the relay mod is to MA70's...

FIL

Authorized Seller
ok... i don't think the relay is going to help... just jacked the car up to do it and figured i'd check the voltages first... both wires to the starter (trigger and power) see full battery voltage when they should (ie, power all the time and trigger when key is turned to start)

it's looking more and more like the starter, which appears to be a bitch of a job...

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Authorized Seller
Bugger, but to be honest its not THAT bad of a job. Just make sure you do it on a day your in a patient mood. IIRC it was just tight confines so a lot of 5 deg spannering. Refitting the oil lines on the stock turbos was more of a bitch, but then I'd bent them just enough to not line up any more :p

If you can get your hands on a 2J unit, slightly tighter fit, but a more robust. Heres a pic, 2J is on the left.

FIL

Authorized Seller
oooo... will have a chat to a mate of mine who is putting one in his race car... i scored the water pump and stock turbos off it, water pump is on my car now.. he's probably using the starter, but on the off chance he's got another one to use, i'll ask him tomorrow night... :)

Xistant

xistant
Authorized Seller
7m can fit IIRC

but yeah find the 2jz one, there very good and gear reduction type.

hey guys sending my stuff off soon to get anodized, pretty cheap actually, wheres Glen when u need him :p