Anyone nnow what this is???

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Authorized Seller
wired like a piggyback, my first thought was a rev-limiter but then there would normally be a switch on it. could be anything from FCD, SCD, BCD

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
That thing's pretty cool. I'd start by documenting which pin it splices into to figure out what it may control/modify.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Just to be clear, this is not mine. Some random guy posted it on a supra facebook page. Just curious if anyone had seen it before or knew what it did.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Out of the 10+ years, I never heard of this product in the Supra community. Very interesting that it is specific for the 7mGTE motor and plugs right in.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
The owner of said piggyback just posted it for sale on FB ($100) stating that it is a fuel cut defender. Have no idea how he figured that much out as he originally posted that he didn't have a clue what it did.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
The owner of said piggyback just posted it for sale on FB ($100) stating that it is a fuel cut defender. Have no idea how he figured that much out as he originally posted that he didn't have a clue what it did.
That would make sense if it's a simple box with no switches. The fuel cut defenders are pointless, IMO. Just makes it easier to blow up a motor.

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Yea I'm not sure who would be willing to buy a mystery box and wire it into their cars ecu when this product doesn't seem to exist when you run a Google search.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Yea I'm not sure who would be willing to buy a mystery box and wire it into their cars ecu when this product doesn't seem to exist when you run a Google search.
Heh, sounds about right for facebook. For what it's worth, a lot of parts to modify the Mk3 predate Google by a solid 5 years... if not more.