Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
I placed an order with NOPI. Got a call an hour later saying they are actually not in stock.

The guy said Tokico / Hitachi is having an issue with distribution to the US and they are looking for a supplier or something and that they have no estimation of when they will be back in stock.

And Ebay only has the Illuminas for 93-98 MKIV.

Anyone know how I can get the Illuminas for my 91?

Thanks,
VegaSupra

MkIII FTW

Authorized Seller
That's not good, I was planning on doing suspension sometime in the next few months. My plan was to go with the Illumina II shocks also. I will see if I can't find anything out and let you know something.

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
That's not good, I was planning on doing suspension sometime in the next few months. My plan was to go with the Illumina II shocks also. I will see if I can't find anything out and let you know something.
great. now you are my competition. lol :biggrinbo j/k

cool. lemme know if you find something. I will do the same.

I'm all over the internet trying to locate a set of these. I've contacted 4 different retailers that listed them as "in stock". None of them actually had them.

I am currently contacting Tokico directly to see if they can pull some strings, but no luck as of yet. :cry:

T3rril79

Authorized Seller
yeah I just noticed that right when the post went up :p lol. I just emailed a rep from tokico to see what they say.

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
yeah I just noticed that right when the post went up :p lol. I just emailed a rep from tokico to see what they say.
I talked to a rep from GotBoost. They're definitely OOS. I've placed orders with 3 different websites, only to have them all cancelled same day.

So instead of placing orders on websites that claim to have these in stock, I've started contacting the stores instead.

Probably spoken with reps from 7 or 8 different dealers.

Nobody has these right now. I have 2 separate inquiries in to Tokico direct. No response yet.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
So from the sound of things, this fall I'm gonna be screwed when I try to get a set of these? Awesome :/ FML

So do they have a Australian or European distributor? So we could possibly pay a member in either of those markets to procure a set and ship to the US?

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
So from the sound of things, this fall I'm gonna be screwed when I try to get a set of these? Awesome :/ FML

So do they have a Australian or European distributor? So we could possibly pay a member in either of those markets to procure a set and ship to the US?
I like the way you think.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
You wish, in NZ these companies have barely even heard of tems let alone how to to get them lol

but hey, I'll give some of the companies a call and see what happens lol

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Unfortunately the supra shocks aren't even in the 2013 catalogue and don't plan to be added in the coming october listing either :/

I think... we're gonna have to source them via toyota? *sob*

T3rril79

Authorized Seller
Unfortunately the supra shocks aren't even in the 2013 catalogue and don't plan to be added in the coming october listing either :/

so you mean to you will have to sell a kidney for some shocks?! lol

MkIII FTW

Authorized Seller

Damn it!!!! I should have bought them when I had the chance to.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
More bad news, toyota is discontinued on my end of the world.

Guess that means one day when my shocks die I'll have to get stock ones *cries hysterically, i <3 my tems :(*

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
So the Australian market is not looking hopeful... :/ maybe the JP market as a last resort? Get them at the source kinda thing

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I got a response from hitachi/tokico

Suzy,

Thank you for contacting TOKICO. Here is a number you can contact to order TOKICO shocks.

Motovicity 248-307-1570 if they don't have in stock you can order from them shocks are on B/O.

Thanks,
Raymund Rijkschroeff
Sales Technical Analyst
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Hope that helps you guys on that side of the world, I guess Driftmotion could look at ordering them from there :)

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
Thanks Suprra_Girl. At least it sounds like they are just on B/O and not totally discontinued forever.

I was starting to consider Tokico Blues but I think I'll wait it out.

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
I can't see that they just stop producing any shocks compatible for our cars, but I guess if they stop making the Tokico Illumina's then we are out of options.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Raymund; said:
As far as know at this time there is no plans on discontinuing these part numbers.
<3 that bloke at hitachi was very quick to respond and luffly :) as to why the supra part numbers aren't in the 2013 catalogue beats me however

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I don't know if they can but I'll probably order a set of shocks and stash them away for when mine do naff out, gotta give it to tokico back in the day though, mine are 27 years old now and still going strong LOL

But as I said above, they have no immediate plans to discontinue the product so I'll get DM to have a squiz through and see if he can order them or if that is already who he orders them through.

Worst comes to the worst I will be looking in the future at getting the stock ones rebuilt, I don't foresee it being possible unfortunately.

loc182

Seven Empowered!
Authorized Seller
Thanks for the info suprra_girl!

With all these part troubles I sort of feel like a Fisker Karma owner some days...

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
Just found an awesome promotion at anythingauto.com. 15% off first order.

Their prices weren't super great without the promotion, but dam, 15% is a lot. Eibach's were $218 and ST sway bars $264 + FREE shipping.

Plus Eibach has a 10% rebate promotion right now so that's another $20 off. Eibach and ST for $500 total (shipping and tax incl)? Ordered :thumbup:

Now all I need is these Illuminas!

anything auto order.jpg

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
Just found an awesome promotion at anythingauto.com. 15% off first order.

Their prices weren't super great without the promotion, but dam, 15% is a lot. Eibach's were $218 and ST sway bars $264 + FREE shipping.

Plus Eibach has a 10% rebate promotion right now so that's another $20 off. Eibach and ST for $500 total (shipping and tax incl)? Ordered :thumbup:

Now all I need is these Illuminas!

View attachment 68978
Nice! Keep us updated on the search for the Illuminas.

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
Still no success with finding a set of these. Called a couple more performance shops in my area. No dice.

I just saw a new thread from someone on here selling a brand new in box Eibach Springs set for $210 shipped. Smokin deal.

I would have been all over that, but already got my set in hand.

If anyone has these Illuminas, float me a PM.

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
Interesting, but I'm not too comfortable with that website. It looks totally jenky. No phone number. No contact info. No location info. No "about us" section.

Also, when I added the shocks to cart, and clicked on estimate shipping and tax, and chose California with my 5 digit zip, it said "Sorry we do not ship to that location. Please choose another location." What company operating on the internet in the USA doesn't ship to CA?... and in another section of their site, it said "we can ship to virtually any address worldwide."

"Add all that up, I don't know what the f*ck it means, but you got some bad-ass perpetrators and they're here to stay."

MightyAl

Authorized Seller
I always bought shocks from shox.com. I haven't used them in a few years and they still have the Tockico's listed. You could give them a call.

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
I called them. They said they won't be able to get them until at least December, maybe even not til early 2014.

MadRPM

Authorized Seller
Shox.com told me at least March 2014, at least. Dude told me there's still no guarantee. He did recommend the Bilsteins though.

Alamomotorsports gave me false hope too.

THMotorsports is closed today.

::supermario::

syty1

Authorized Seller
The news I heard from THMotorsports, is that the US distributor is in bankruptcy & that's why we can't get the TEMS shocks. Has anyone found a non-US source?
Supra girl?

VegaSupra

Authorized Seller
I am still trying to get a set of these but no luck finding anyone that is able to source them yet. Has anyone heard of any updates to the Tokico US distribution issues?

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
I just went through the Tokico website. It has been redesigned since I was last there a few months ago. I found their catalog and went through it. They have a lot of Toyotas in it, but when you get to the cars that start with "S" there is no Supra to be found. No MK3 or MK4 shocks of any kind. It doesn't look good...

THMotorsports

I concur with this statement.

But........ if I may add a piece of advice. Tokico working with TEMS is nice but it's old school and it was good for that time period. Considering the weight of the MKIII Supra and advances in suspension technology, the very best upgrade anyone can do to our beloved Supra's is a coilover suspension. Considering what people speak on lowering springs + Tokico shocks...... you should have just bought a nice coilover in the first place. We are eager to carry Tokico again for all chassis's we will keep this thread up to date on the news as soon as we have a positive supply for sale.

Thank you.

Attachments

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller

I concur with this statement.

But........ if I may add a piece of advice. Tokico working with TEMS is nice but it's old school and it was good for that time period. Considering the weight of the MKIII Supra and advances in suspension technology, the very best upgrade anyone can do to our beloved Supra's is a coilover suspension. Considering what people speak on lowering springs + Tokico shocks...... you should have just bought a nice coilover in the first place. We are eager to carry Tokico again for all chassis's we will keep this thread up to date on the news as soon as we have a positive supply for sale.

Thank you.
So do you plan on getting the Illumina II's back in stock?