Anti roll bar stiffness table

supraguru05

Offical Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamics
SM Expert
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Here is a file from TIP engineering with some common bars and their respective stiffness values. I will be making a more detailed post on how to use these numbers and what they mean shortly.

Attachments

MDCmotorsports

Offical Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Subscribed. Kyle, get with me. I need your help on setting up with shocks & springs.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Didn't I explain it all when I first posted that?

I thought I did and it would save you time from having to retype everything.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
IS it solid or hollow? Who made it?

And why asap?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Oh damn. Didnt even catch that, Will that even fit? Me thinks not and youd have to have a custom mounts.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Hes from india apparently and doesnt have a mk3. hmmmmm!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I will be making a more detailed post on how to use these numbers and what they mean shortly.
Did that thread ever happen to materialize? I bought a set of Tanabe's last year, front and rear. Looking at the chart seems to suggest to my understanding that they really help the car turn in and/or rotate. This could make for an interesting setup on my car once I put them on...

Van

87t Hardtop
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Did that thread ever happen to materialize? I bought a set of Tanabe's last year, front and rear. Looking at the chart seems to suggest to my understanding that they really help the car turn in and/or rotate. This could make for an interesting setup on my car once I put them on...
I run on track with the Tanabe Sustec bars and I'm pleased with the results thus far. The car is shod with RSR Race springs 677f/400r and KYB Gr2, this set up leaves the car somewhat compliant on the street, and very predictable on the track. It was just fun, exciting and fatiguing after 1.5 hours of track time.
I think with your set up you will have even more control over the suspension and be able to dial it in nicely.

LordDigital

Authorized Seller
For Competition ,the factory MA70 teams had 3 basic bars to choose from: 25mm ,31mm and 32mm. Additionally for some tracks and conditions ,the stiffens of the bars was dynamically controlled by the driver with variance between 20mm and 40mm.