another mk3 junkie

mxxmikexx

Authorized Seller
whats up everyone! I havent been on here in about 10 years .......
long time mk3 owner here. brief history , I am the 3rd owner of this supra turbo targa. The car was bought brand new by one of larry (from sound performance) friends back in 1988, it was then sold to another guy, and then I bought it right around 1995 when I was working at Sound Performance. This was back when SP was JUST getting into building supras in the early/mid 90s.
the car has been through a lot of changes, started as an auto and is now a manual. too many mods to list right now. The car has sat for the last 9 years , well, to be honest the car has spent most of its life sitting in a garage. lol. I am replacing all the old HKS stuff, VPC,GCC,FCON,FCD,EVC,550cc rc engineering injectors. So I will be posting all of that stuff up for sale soon. I just started tearing her apart this weekend to pull the motor and start collaborating with the guys at SP to bring some new life to this MK3. and yes, I am keeping the 7m in it. I like to do things the difficult way.
looking forward to this forum and keeping the mk3 alive!
resizedOutside.jpg
resizedengine.jpg
sorry for lame engine pic, just took this shot the other day when I replaced hood struts.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Very nice.
Welcome back, it's good to see these type of builds.

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Welcome and nice mk3 Supra. I really hope Larry at SP gets his white mk3 Supra going but when I was there last he said he can't since he works on everyone's else's Supra's /projects and his car comes last.

mxxmikexx

Authorized Seller
Welcome and nice mk3 Supra. I really hope Larry at SP gets his white mk3 Supra going but when I was there last he said he can't since he works on everyone's else's Supra's /projects and his car comes last.
lol. larry will never get his mk3 back on the road. his has been down longer than mine! the last time his mk3 was on the road was probably the very late 90s iirc , 98,99ish....

It almost looks like it was never used haha.
It's been sheltered most of its life ......

its been sheltered most of its life thats for sure!
Beautiful car! Looking forward to the upcoming build thread!
Thank you