Another 7M ground up build

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Big thanks to you on this discovery, I was feeling uneasy about doing so much new stuff on a new motor and using a questionable cps. At least now I know it is all new

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I've been driving on mine a lot.
Have had exactly zero starting / running issues now.
The engine feels better than ever.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Home stretch.. hopefully. It’s weird how the closer it gets the more doubtful I am I’ll be able to get it do start lol

just a few loose ends to tie up before sending it.. And don’t judge the body is next winters project. The car Was about 15 different colors when I bought it. I love it though and will restore its glory!

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
ECU question, will I need to pin the headlight relay, and or, the headlight relay into the ecu as the M1 connector is left out on the ecumaster pnp harness. Need to put the fuel tank back up and connect the battery.
Can anyone share the data for the bosch knock sensors? Ive got the bosch datasheet and it gives a range from 3-25hz but looks like the emu wants a solid number. Also unsure on the other info to populate for the knock sensor? Thanks again for the help in advance

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
READY TO START HER UP TOMORROW. Hoping all goes well, im extremely nervous.

I DO NEED the sensor info for the oe coolant temp sensor and the bosch knock sensor if anyone could help with that..

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Yeah I’ve got the same one, I emailed ecu master and they said around 6hz but didn’t comment on the gain or the other box. I’m ready to start it, hopefully no issues with timing sync. I’m nervous something’s going to be wrong lol

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I just sent you a text with my bosch knock sensor parameters. Also I did not use the headlight relay wire on the body harness with the ECU Masters standalone.

Reactions: Z06gette

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Whelp, my stupid Windows laptop died while doing an auto update so I'm attempting a restore. I was going to take some more pics of the logs..
While I was cranking it did say synchronized in a green cell. On the Facebook ECUmaster page they said that is how it is suppose to be and to go ahead and log in the angle and check it with the timing light.
Once this laptop situation is resolved I will attempt that I guess.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yeah it makes sense that it would be in sync while rotating, but not while stationary.
Seems to me like that would be normal.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
ok so new issue.. I've now put the efi fuse back in to attempt a start up and the efi fuse blows immediately... I did just put in a walbro 450 so im suspect maybe i pinched a wire? Is there anything I need to do to delete the vsv's and check connector? I clipped the vsv's out of the harness and just left the check connector. oh by..

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
OK so when I did my 255 pump I did the 12v mod and ran it straight from the battery to a relay on a 25amp fuse, so can I eliminate the pump as a possibility?
Also, just installed and pinned the wideband. No change.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
resistor is bypassed as well. I confirmed the right wires to the right injectors as well. Im nervous about the vsv's and check connector being on the circuit. Again, I snipped the vsv and o2 wires at the stock ecu connector. so they are not connected to anything, the wires are removed for the vsv's and o2. I pinned the wideband directly to the emu.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
I ran the ground from the fuel pump relay directly to the aux output on the emu, still no fuel pump. DID find the short to ground for the efi circuit, fixed that. The fuse no longer blows but it seems that the fuel pump isn't going on.. I also noticed the grey connector pin 24 is a power ground and there is nothing pinned there either. Im so close to just ripping this damn harness back out and starting from scratch like everyone else. The car ran before.

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I would test the fuel pump connector at the hatch to make sure the fuel pump is turning on by applying direct 12v power to it using a fused jumper wire and a ground wire. If the fuel pump turns on I would go backwards from there and if it does not then a connection in the tank is bad.

On my 24 gray pin I have nothing going to that one but on the 17 gray and 24 black pins I am using those and that is the same power ground.

If you are using the PNP harness then I would just leave the settings from the ECU Masters base 7mgte tune and verify your inputs and outputs again in the emu software.

It does take some extra time but I would also verify every single wire on that PNP harness is correct to the pinout diagram by using a multi-meter to make sure all the pins are in the right location:

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
ok so new issue.. I've now put the efi fuse back in to attempt a start up and the efi fuse blows immediately... I did just put in a walbro 450 so im suspect maybe i pinched a wire? Is there anything I need to do to delete the vsv's and check connector? I clipped the vsv's out of the harness and just left the check connector. oh by..
the EFI fuse feeds two circuits

Fuel pump and TCCS.

If you disconnect the fuel pump and it still blows then you either have shorted wires OR the EMS is pulling some serious juice which it shouldn't especially if you are not running DBW, servo's etc.

with the fix you did. now focus on the relay powering the fuel pump. See if the relay is getting the necessary signals required to operate correctly.

This is why I have a disdain for "Plug and Pray".

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Update, Plaaya helped me with the settings on the fuel pump and its coming on now when i key on, i can hear it. When cranking it shows timing is synched but still no start. Ill post some pics of settings menus maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
when cranking ive got 8ms of dwell, timing says synced, angle locked at 10deg. What should i log or take pictures of to help get the info needed?

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
your battery voltage is checking in at 8v. that is awefully low.

Did you make sure that physical timing matches the locked timing?

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Yeah battery drained after having it keyed on for too long with the doors open, threw that on the charger. The feed hose slid off in the tank. The pump was coming on but I was getting zero fuel pressure. Dropped the tank AGAIN.. fixed that. I’ve got spark, confirmed with test light. Should have fuel pressure now. Saving that test for the morning.
I was really befuddled when I could hear the pump but no pressure. I did key it on after fixing the pump and it was pushing like a fire hose into a bucket lol
Plan is to run -6SS line and new filter tomorrow morning and then start again to start.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
This is not going well. Late yesterday I finally got the fuel pump to come on wit the key. Today I put in a new filter, went to crank it and had a drop at the line on the filter. I gave that a little snug down. turn key NO PUMP!! I get the power probe back out send power to the pump, crickets... fml I’ve had the tank down like 6 times In the last 4 days!

• Sad
Reactions: debrucer

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
... had a drop at the line on the filter.
as in the hose disconnected?

Can you test the fuel pump output with the key on from within the EMS test screen? Sounds like something might not be configured correctly OR some intermittent wiring issue.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
I didnt clamp the feed tube from the pump to the hanger tight so it slid off and was sucking air. I can test the output from the EMU, I can hear the relay click on in the hatch (12v relay mod). I literally had fuel pressure pumping into a bucket, attached the line to a new fuel filter, tested it, had a slow drip. Snugged up the fitting and no more fuel pump. Power probe the pump at the connector and its got nothing.

Initially though, the pump was assigned to an output on the base map that wasn't pinned on the "pnp" jumper. I pinned it myself FC from the stock harness directly to the output pin, inverted the signal and set the parameters and wah-la pump was coming on.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Dropped the tank, I guess the positive lead on the pump came undone.. not sure how I used expensive Napa crimps and good snap on crimpers. I’m tugging on them, trying to pull them apart and can’t.
Whatever reason, at any rate that was my issue. At least I have a brand spanking new pump now I can send this old one back to amazon. Thank you Prime.
We will try this again in the AM

Reactions: figgie and debrucer