Another 7M ground up build

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Okay time to update.. I got the car into the shop yesterday and spent a couple hours removing the harness, turbo/manifold, exhaust, etc so all I had to do today was pull the motor and trans. Which thanks to you guys on the advice of doing the motor and trans together. So today I did just that pulled them both and tore down the bottom end and got everything off the head including the arp nuts. I got the crank pulled and man, does mine look good! Amsoil ftw.. I basically all but took off the head due to time. It’s just sitting on the block.
I’ve got to say, after getting some cabin fever and being tired of winter, just getting to have some action with the Supra just really brings up the mood. Love these cars. I digress...

When spinning the crank the cylinders did gurgle this awesome muddy water, no not THE Muddy Waters. Bum chhh.
But hope the link works for picture time

Oh and a travesty on the tow over to the shop. They picked it up by the ass and snapped my front springs :,,( I wasn’t ready to shell out for suspension yet lol The Supra always finds a way to force my hand lol

h20dies

Authorized Seller
Looking good, good luck with the future! Funny you're from Sandwhich IL, I have a hilarious story about that place, lol. I'm from Peoria.

Reactions: Z06gette

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
New Wiseco kit showed, got that and the crank sent out to the machine shop yesterday so that's underway...

Today I took care of another issue, it ran me $280 for a new center support bearing pressed in, all new u joints, and a resurface on the flywheel. In total the bearing ran me another $50. It wouldn't have been much more to go solid 1 piece, I decided to freshen up the stock setup to avoid any issues. The new ujoints are greasable moog's

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Here’s another update, pending the end of the world my motor should be done in 1-2weeks :) here are some pics finally of the evidence of the BHG. The PO was an IDIOT, he RED THREADLOCKED THE ARP HEADSTUDs. I had to weld a nut on the stud to turn them out... thankful I had another head..

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
If you torch red loctite it will let go.
Get the stud real hot.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
We got them all out I’m going to have this head checked once I have some more free capital lol
Is it common for only the exhaust side coolant jackets to blow?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I have seen both sides of the fire ring blow out.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
We got them all out I’m going to have this head checked once I have some more free capital lol
Is it common for only the exhaust side coolant jackets to blow?
It will be random depending on the detonation event and where was the pressure spike.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Word to the wise, don’t use a piggy back. My afr’s were 10.0-10.5 WOT at 10psi. But that was trimming fuel almost 20%.
I will reiterate I do have a stand alone ecumaster emu for the rebuild

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I did stop by the Bumper to Bumper autopart store and checked in with Scott to see how everything was going at the machine shop. He was actually working on your 7m motor which is looking very nice:

Can't wait to see this blank canvas come together when you get it back :)

Last edited: