ALL MN Supra

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Rob,
Sean, Steve and I are meeting tomorrow to install the 272's and new valve springs on the 2jz. We are meeting around 2 pm. You are welcome to come and we could buy the material for the sub box. I realize it is during the Queens game.
I placed a $500 deposit down for a chrome moly roll bar with Joe Zwilling from Rice. Custom, welded in and will be NHRA certified to 10 secs with upgrade to full cage possible if I want to go faster.

Dan

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Vikings game is on at noon, so I wont be able to make it.
Maybe later on I might be able to stop over and check things out, and bring over the washer tank I have over here for you.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Rob,
If the Vikings win today then I will get a lot more interested. Should be a good test if they are ready of not. I think they are. We will listen to the game in garage.
We will be working on the 2JZ for several hours. I can get a list from you what I need for sub box. Yes, spring is not that far away now!!! I saw a bunch of Robins yesterday.

Dan

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
WTF? Has it been a year. Damn, it just seems like a month ago. Any interested in a semi spring meet? It can be any where. We can use my garage if it's in the cards. Perhaps north end of cities at a restaurant or bar??

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Be careful Mike. Just don't bend over the hood of my Supra with Sean any where near. He's been a bit strange ever since he started back at State.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
It's cold, the Supras are cold too.
I bet you Dan's and mine are nice and warm ;)

But whats a post with pics :) Lovin pics

Supra = good storage shelf for snow mobile gear.

^^^
The Arctic Cat went boom like a 7m so it is under going a heart transplant.

Skidoo Rev still running STRONG. 10,468 miles on the original motor and counting :)

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Authorized Seller
^
Nice! I have my ZX9R engine all torn down after tonight, it had broke the heads off of 2 valves on the same cylinder, thankfully it is slight enough damage that the head can be salvaged.
Also took the derper bike out for a short rip this after noon, yup thing wheelies up when you look at it funny :D

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Authorized Seller
^
Nice! I have my ZX9R engine all torn down after tonight, it had broke the heads off of 2 valves on the same cylinder, thankfully it is slight enough damage that the head can be salvaged.
Also took the derper bike out for a short rip this after noon, yup thing wheelies up when you look at it funny :D
what the hell is it with kawasaki and their weak valves. that is what happened to my klr at 10000 miles. hence the stage 3 head and the 785cc stroker that replaced the original engine. talk about a wheelie machine.... no funny look needed. it does it anytime you do or dont want to

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Authorized Seller
what the hell is it with kawasaki and their weak valves. that is what happened to my klr at 10000 miles. hence the stage 3 head and the 785cc stroker that replaced the original engine. talk about a wheelie machine.... no funny look needed. it does it anytime you do or dont want to
No clue I am thinking ferea valve train.

goodhart

Authorized Seller
Dan, any idea when you would want to do this get together? Would be sweet to do it at your place if your neighbor's wouldn't mind the handful of noisy cars :)

I know of a few Evo guys that would like to come to some sort of a get together also.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Mike, Sean and I talked about it. We were thinking that since most if not all the Supra guys cars are in storage or not running yet, that perhaps meeting in a bar somewhere might be a good idea. Besides bathroom isn't ready to go in my shop yet. I have no problem with a meet at the shop, just thought the turnout might be higher if we made it closer to MSP. I'm open to most any weekend except I work my part time job on March 27th, and will be in Mexico the weekend of March 19th and 20th. How about March 12th? It's a Saturday, or the 13th? Let's hear some feed back.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Not sure what his status is on his car. I have read a lot of his posts and he is quite knowledgeable, especially with electronics, but seems like he doesn't quite get it. That was a real nasty call out thread when he and Sean got into it last year. The sad thing for Figgie is Sean would have helped him to get his car running. It all started off as a joke as far as Sean was concerned. Figgie didn't take it that way though. Never met him, but I would like to make my own assessment someday.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Agreed, Dan- some people can seem to be one way on the internet but when you meet them in person they're completely different that what you thought they were going to be...we don't know anyone like that, now do we? :p

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Authorized Seller
I try to be nice most of the time....... If you took a poll from the local ricers what they think of me, it would be pretty funny for whoever takes the poll ( I troll those fuckers to no end in person).

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I am game for a meet next weekend- I work this weekend as well as the last week of March! GOGOGO!!!!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Authorized Seller
Steve, where do you think? Rogers or something like that? There has to be a bar with some room for a few Supra guys! If anyone is interested, this is a good time to speak up. Sean, Rob, Drew? Who can come and when?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Well, its a bit further that Rogers, but in my hometown of Nowthen there is a local bar that's pretty freakin big that allows saved tables afaik. About 1/2 hour away from the cities, and about an hour away from Cloud (if it matters)