AC plug help

Evilsupra

Authorized Seller
It’s been 7-8 years that I’ve had the car laying around, even longer since I’ve cranked it. Last week I got around the fuel pump and it now starts and drives ok. I want to sort out all the loose wires and I came across a blue connector behind the glove box. It has 3 wires going to it (G-R, L-W & L-Y), and on the opposite end the same color wires come out. The G-R & L-W are plugged together, while the L-Y is loose. Is this ok? If I unplug them I can hear servos moving.

D0A810F6-E09C-4BD5-B4D5-F5C070680B23.jpeg
Thanks!

Tomás

Supramikect

Authorized Seller
That's the way it should be. If you unplug the blue 3 wire blue connector you will notice that all 3 wires terminals are making connection when plugged back together. It's called the " A/C Short Pin" and is used to read/test thru both the outside ambient sensor and the in-car sensor which are connected in series thru the G-R wire back to the A/C control panel thru the L-Y which is shorted together in that blue short pin. It's there to test thru the 2 sensors for diagnosis. That connector joins the 2 temperature sensors to the A/C air mix control servo motor ( what you heard working when you unplugged connector) and connects to the A/C Heater control panel. 92 Supra Electrical wiring diagram book is amazing thing to have, lol