ABS Woes

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
NOT TRUE!!!! The polarity must be correct, otherwise you will get code 33.
It is a reluctor then? I'll confess I never checked, assumed it was hall effect sensor. Still, it doesn't matter, he doesn't get 33. The fact that it runs the pump test on drive-off shows it is getting speed signals.

There are only 2 ABS computers in the life of the car (89541-14010 89541-14020 ) , pre and post 89. Auto, manual, turbo all the same. There are also only two front hub rings (43502-14040 43503-14020 ) and not tied to tranmission type or rear end ratio.

The only thing tied to the transmission is the rear sensor itself, which is not surprising since the sensor actually fits in the transmission.

My advice remains, check the things that were changed, like the extended harness for example.

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
Yes, i agree. The complete system needs to be checked at this point. The rear sensor is indeed a hall effect sensor, i know this one well because i had this exact issue with polarity. The reluctant sensor (two wire) is behind the dashboard to create a signal for the ECU, Cruise control, PPS etc.

I do have to add that the crank sensor is also a two wire sensor, this can still cause issues when polarity is not correct, such as not revving correctly past 5k rpm..