Abe's first ma70 1jzgte swap

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
A slight reduction in performance of A/C only without the small fans.
My small fan no longer runs, still need to diagnose it.
But the main radiator fan (off water pump belt) pulls enough air that it does not matter much.
Unless you are in low speed stop go traffic a lot, there might be an issue with not enough airflow across the condenser.

Do you have a hydro fan now?

Abe's 1987

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Authorized Seller
A slight reduction in performance of A/C only without the small fans.
My small fan no longer runs, still need to diagnose it.
But the main radiator fan (off water pump belt) pulls enough air that it does not matter much.
Unless you are in low speed stop go traffic a lot, there might be an issue with not enough airflow across the condenser.

Do you have a hydro fan now?
So i purchased this fan off ebay to use as the condenser fan. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Universal-Slim-7-Pull-push-Radiator-Engine-Bay-Cooling-Fan-Mount-Kit/222320316315?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649. I just wired it to the power plug for the old fan and mounted it on the front of the condenser as there's no room for the old fan setup due to my IC piping.

I'll give it one more go with the guy who has the whole condenser setup. Just maybe I can convince him to part off the pipe i need. If that is a no go, I'll definitely have to consider getting the piping that locates the dryer to the driver side.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
so far no go with mk3supraparts or arpus07 on the ac line. Will give aardvark a try now.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Your best bet is to find a more accessible part in the system i.e a compressor. Then call the yards, as they list the number, and ask them what you're looking for. They will ask you the year, make, model info then they can usually check and see if the parts there. I've come across some not available parts that way.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Your best bet is to find a more accessible part in the system i.e a compressor. Then call the yards, as they list the number, and ask them what you're looking for. They will ask you the year, make, model info then they can usually check and see if the parts there. I've come across some not available parts that way.
Makes since.

f00g00

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Go to the junkyard and check all the Japanese cars for a line like the one you need. You could also find a shop that makes hoses and pipes and have them make one as per your example.
As for the fan, since you mounted it in front of the condenser, you could have went bigger and make sure its a pusher not a puller.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Go to the junkyard and check all the Japanese cars for a line like the one you need. You could also find a shop that makes hoses and pipes and have them make one as per your example.
As for the fan, since you mounted it in front of the condenser, you could have went bigger and make sure its a pusher not a puller.
So the fan I did install is in fact both a pusher and puller. I have it wired up to push. I didn't want to go to big. Do remember the 87's came with a single fan half the size of the the one i have so I do think it is sufficient enough.

I'll be looking for another shop a little bit further away from me to hopefully make me a line as the ones near me refuses to do it.

I may try the line from another car idea.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Question, should any of the fuses show 12 volt power without the key in the ignition? If so which ones? Which ones should show power in accessories? And which ones should show power in the on position?