A/C upgrades (R134) - Operation Chill

Satan

Authorized Seller
Contributor
...Favor please.

Wanted to update my condensor's pics in this thread, but can't seem to find the original pics. If anyone has a copy of them please post 'em up, or send them to me g099521@yahoo.com and I will host, to update the pics in this thread. Much appreciated.

FernandoDLT

Authorized Seller
I went to the site to order a condenser, it shows "out of stock." I emailed them about making more. Hopefully it wasn't a limited run!

FernandoDLT

Authorized Seller
Hi Fernando,

I was informed by out supplier that they are currently keeping inventory of this item due to low demand. We will notify you in case it get's available.

Best regards,

- Gerry

TheACPartsOnline.com | (612) 787-7012
Your Source of High Quality After Market Vehicle Air-conditioner parts and components

MoparMarq

Authorized Seller
Hey all,
I realize this thread is as old as dirt, but was curious if anyone had made progress on a parallel flow condenser for the MkIII.

Went to the JY today to scope out potential swaps from other cars. Focused mainly on Toyotas (Camrys, an Avalon, Corollas, and a Rav4). Most of them are no-go; either too wide - 26 to 31 inches - or too tall - 16 inches or so. Seems like they are optimized for the amount space that was designed in when R134 was mandated. So, started looking at other makes and models, time and measurement-accessibility allowing.

Based on just a couple hours of touring, looks like 3 different cars MIGHT fit:
1) 01-ish Chrysler PT Cruiser - 14" tall x 23" wide (at the end tanks plus 2 inches for the hose fitting studs) Inlet/outlet on same side. (2 pass apparently)
2) '97 Honda Accord - 12-3/4" tall x approx. 24" wide (limited access and no tools prevented closer measurement). Don't remember if inlet/outlet were on size side or opposite sides.
3) '98 Honda Accord (there must have been a refresh that year, but IDK) - 14-1/4" x 25-1/2" core (26-1/2ish overall). Inlet/outlet opposite sides.

Most likely, some hoses would have to be made up from JY hoses to use the hose end fittings. I didn't get the engine sizes off the Hondas. Apparently, different engine sizes have different condenser part numbers. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pursue this alternative until wintertime when the car goes into the garage for some other stuff. But, I thought I'd throw it out there, if someone wants to pursue it further.
-Marq