'87 Drag Car 7M awesomeness

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
Eat your tuna samiches then get back to work and get a pass out of this thing :) the world is watching at the edge of their seats

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
Authorized Seller
Eat your tuna samiches then get back to work and get a pass out of this thing :) the world is watching at the edge of their seats

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I give it a year before it makes a pass

stevenr816

Authorized Seller
We've hit every goal so far. And were 6 days ahead of schedule. Soooo. Maybe it will move under its own power.

Albert

Authorized Seller
We've hit every goal so far. And were 6 days ahead of schedule. Soooo. Maybe it will move under its own power.
Should be able to get it rolling under it's own power by next month...

Got a lot to do in order to take it to SIV. I still say it should go just to have people drool over it

Chris_87_Turbo

Authorized Seller
I would Albert. Even if I had to trailer it. Then set up scammers to catch their expressions.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert

Authorized Seller
I would Albert. Even if I had to trailer it. Then set up scammers to catch their expressions.

Chris

Bring it, set up a jar that says: "when $500 is in the jar, I'll start up the car"

Profit

doonsuka

Authorized Seller
Bravo good sir! Bravo!!!

stevenr816

Authorized Seller
Haven't finished it yet. Between waiting for a cnc part that's owed, for the mean time I'm going to just make a flange and weld a -16 on till the parts made.

Chris_87_Turbo

Authorized Seller
I've had few race cars over the years and I don't think anything looked perfect but was functional over form. Plus I think the -16 fitting would be a more secure and tighter fit preventing chances of leaks.

Chris

Albert

Authorized Seller
He bought a 2014 SHO and has been modifying it. As far as I know all the parts for the supra, and the car it self is for sale

lithium14

Authorized Seller
Gees. Just found this thread. Was really hoping I would see a pass or two in 4 years worth of build thread LOL. I am disappoint.

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
Some new head way:

Crank sensor setup. Steven used a JZ trigger wheel, and machined the back side of his 7m wheel and tack welded it on. Then added a hall sensor and bung to the lower timing cover. Works out awesome and is out of view.

Then he worked on the cam sensor setup. Which consist of a bung behind the cam pulley that's bolted to the head. Again, out of sight. I milled his cam pulley and tapped in a .125 slug for the pickup reference.

Then Steven modified an alternator bracket that Dustin made to accept his mechanical fuel pump.

I'm in the middle of deleting the CPS and have the crank trigger sorted but can't seem to find a suitable sensor for the cam TDC reference, where did you get your sensor from? The sensor in the pic above looks different to the one in the mock ups when designing the sensor bracket?
Any help appreciated

Dan