86.5 restoration project

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Authorized Seller
What's up guys. It's been a while since I was on here but here she is. I couldn't touch my car for 3 years but now that I have it with me I'm doing everything legit. I'm in the process of restoring it and it's hard to find some parts for it, like the dash. I have the whole front suspension apart and no engine and no transmission. I'm trying to find a good body kit and good coilovers if anyone could chime in. Maybe I should do videos of the removal and installation of parts lol? Screenshot_20190910-204349_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Wow 3 years is too long for me not having a Supra but then again 3 winter months feels like 3 years during the winter storage ;)

I would share both update videos and host some images on Imgur for us on here. For coilovers I installed the TEIN Flex Z ones and those ride very good. I like the 16 way adjustable dampening settings so you can set it just right to your liking. I also installed afterwards ST sway bars, Battle version rear arms, adjustable sway bar links and with each suspension item going on, the Supra handles absolutely amazing.

Looks like you have your hands full Miguel, what are some of the first items you planing on tackling on your Supra?

Reactions: debrucer and Miguel

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Authorized Seller
Big delay but been stuck on the front suspension. Redid all the front end, bushings, tie rods, remanufactured rack and pinion and ball joints. Right now I'm leaning on ordering some coilovers like the ones you have but I also saw a big brake kit online direct bolt on but its 1k. Coilovers or some wildwood brakes decisions decisions. I've seen that mercedes big brake write up but I'm not so sure about that?
Anyways here's a list of things that I will be tackling in the near future.
-rear uca dust boots
-rear subframe bushings
-gas tank dropped and checked
-new fuel lines
-fuel pump
-repair my fluidyne radiator
-wiring harness
-paint all the engine bay and car with door jams included lol
Screenshot_20191014-175609_Gallery.jpg

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Authorized Seller
little update, im doing the BBK mercedes brembo brake kit to finish off the front suspension. im not so sure how exactly it'll last or how reliable this setup will be but im giving it a shot.

Reactions: debrucer

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I've got no issues with mine.
It's got stopping power like it never had before.
Among many other benefits.

I have it paired with full floating 2 piston rear calipers as well.

image hosting service

Reactions: Miguel and debrucer

JustAnotherVictim

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I installed BC coilovers last year, nothing but good things to say about them.
Been debating doing the MB bbk also, not quite as cheap as it once was.
Harness rebuild is on the bucket list but I'll probably send it to yotaconnectors in the end

Reactions: Miguel

Miguel

Le Grand Supra
Authorized Seller
Another little update. Low on funds lol. I bought the mercedes calipers and the mercedes r350 rotos and they dont fit my wheels lol.
As of now im just bolting up the the wheels without the calipers so it can be moved and gunna prep the engine bay for paint.

Reactions: debrucer