7mgte Wiring Harness

Az7mgte

Authorized Seller
So while pulling the head i ran into a problem the previous owner of the car wired and it and its a mess, i have not done much wiring besides stereos and amps so im lost but it starts under the glove box ecu and abs no problem then it goes out around the head and into all the injectors then it runs down through the bottom of the intake manifold (top is off) it has a couple of normal plugs then it has two wires that run towards the firewall i cant find were they end, what could these be, then they split and it goes under the alternator and again more plugs (already dissconnected) then it goes across the radiator and plugs in to behind the water pump. So is there a way i can re-wire this so its not so chaotic. At times it has a 1 inch bore of different wires and its a big eye sore because its eletrical taped together. So i need to understand these wire better so i can organize them. Any help would be greatly appriciated because i am stuck. Thank you.

Az7mgte

Authorized Seller
Sorry for so many but thats all about where it goes besides under the glove box but thats not my problem. But as you can see its a mess.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
I would take the harness out and take off the electrical tape and see what your working with. It may sound scary but refer to the tsrm for diagrams and it makes it easy. That way you can do it right.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Trust me for a OEM engine harness, I would recommend you drop it off to Yotaconnectors for a rebuild. I have completely dissembled a OEM harness down to the wire and the problem is that you do have things that are tied together in the wiring loom such as grounds, 12v + and some others. This is what makes is tricky but other than this you can make a new harness yourself using some good quality wiring.

http://www.yotaconnectors.com/category-s/1826.htm

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Trust me for a OEM engine harness, I would recommend you drop it off to Yotaconnectors for a rebuild. I have completely dissembled a OEM harness down to the wire and the problem is that you do have things that are tied together in the wiring loom such as grounds, 12v + and some others. This is what makes is tricky but other than this you can make a new harness yourself using some good quality wiring.

http://www.yotaconnectors.com/category-s/1826.htm
That definitely seems like a deal! $500 for the rebuild. $900 for new. Within the last 3 months I paid $1500 plus $200 to purchase the required core to have Tweak'D build me one and they completed it without the firewall grommet which they sent me after the fact, taken from my original core, such that I had to cut it to put it on. I truly don't get people sometimes. Can't seem to think things through even when they're in the business for years.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
That definitely seems like a deal! $500 for the rebuild. $900 for new. Within the last 3 months I paid $1500 plus $200 to purchase the required core to have Tweak'D build me one and they completed it without the firewall grommet which they sent me after the fact, taken from my original core, such that I had to cut it to put it on. I truly don't get people sometimes. Can't seem to think things through even when they're in the business for years.
I am kinda surprised at the price as well when I first saw it plus I do like the OEM replacement connectors they offer. Sorry to hear about your grommet issue but like you said they should have caught that. Do you still get the lifetime warranty on that engine harness?

Tweak'D does seem to be the main name in engine harness rebuilds but for me it definitely seems tricky when comes to aftermarket sensors and accessories. I know it will never be 100% the correct wire length either unless it was made on the vehicle or unless they give you some extra wire length for your aftermarket sensors or add-ons.

f00g00

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Tweak did my 1jZ harness and didn't put a diagnostic plug on. Only a two pin plug to check codes. Mine was new without a core.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Do you still get the lifetime warranty on that engine harness? .
I wasn't aware they had one. The 7mgte listing on their site wasn't too informative and over the years they've "stopped" making these, only to start up again by request. Sort of puts one in the spot to be obligated to them for providing a much needed harness. I never heard bad things about Tweak'd before, and I get stung :( Nice to see they have competition. Not sure I'd even think about going back to them though, so a lifetime warranty would be of minor benefit.