7MGTE Fuel system upgrade questions...

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Most likely if you are running a aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator you want a direct vacuum line with no interruptions, that vsv will get in the way. When I was on the OEM computer and running a Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator I left that vsv disconnected and ran direct vacuum to it. No codes and no problems for me.

shadowman1977

Authorized Seller
Most likely if you are running a aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator you want a direct vacuum line with no interruptions, that vsv will get in the way. When I was on the OEM computer and running a Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator I left that vsv disconnected and ran direct vacuum to it. No codes and no problems for me.
Awesome!
Thank you for the information.

Bmettie

Authorized Seller
On the stock ECU its for hot starts only. It'll disconnect the vac source so there is higher rail pressure.

shadowman1977

Authorized Seller
Hey all.
  • So....after replacing the aem 240 lph fuel pump with a 300 (cause it came with a copper washer and the housing was aluminum and I broke the housing) I powered up the pump without the car running. And after air was cycled out the pumps pressure spiked and pump speed slowed down so I stopped.
Not sure what the procedures are for trying to start a Supra when it hasn't been run since I had it, and a lot of aftermarket parts were installed, like the adjustable fpr. Dont wanna’ destroy anything.
No leaks, fuel is cycling back to the pump. Was watching inside the fuel cell while I powered the pump.
I have two f.p. guages, one after the pump before the inline filter and one after the rail. The rail guage after the fpr is showing no pressure when I run the pump with a power probe with the vehicle off.
Any incite would be greatly appreciated.