7mgte emu classic tune

Madboost

Authorized Seller
I just got a emu classic for my 7mgte and trying to find someone who has a working tune I can use to get all my perimeters right I have the plug and play harness which I believe are all wired the same so if someone has that set up and could help me out I’d appreciate it

Madboost

Authorized Seller
I’ve been working with that one and I’m for sure getting fuel but haven’t seen spark yet I’m gonna try one more thing to test but I read somewhere that there were some ignition things wrong with the base tune they have that’s why I was trying to get one off a running car then map fuel and don other adjustments myself. But on a side note i did notice my tps in the software seems inverted I’m getting 1.6v closed and 0v wot?! That’s not right is it?

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Are you running the OEM multiplex ignition set-up or are you having the ecu power the ignition coils?

Also did you first upgrade the tuning software firmware? Once the firmware is updated you need to plug in the USB cable and make sure your standalone firmware is updated as well from the tuning software.

Madboost

Authorized Seller
It’s stock igniter with is300 coils and I don’t have to Internet so I bet it’s not updated. Do I have to power the ecu to do this or can I bring it to a place with WiFi and plug it in thru usb to update?

plaaya69

Authorized Seller
Contributor
When I connect my laptop it shows "disconnected" on the EMU tuning software until I put it in the key in the on position, then it connects to the laptop and I can make changes to the standalone on the tuning software.

As long as the EMU software is up to date on your laptop then you can update the software on your standalone without internet. Just plug in the USB cable and make sure your standalone has key on power from your vehicle.

Madboost

Authorized Seller
When I connect my laptop it shows "disconnected" on the EMU tuning software until I put it in the key in the on position, then it connects to the laptop and I can make changes to the standalone on the tuning software.

As long as the EMU software is up to date on your laptop then you can update the software on your standalone without internet. Just plug in the USB cable and make sure your standalone has key on power from your vehicle.
Ok I’ll have to try that when I get home. Does your car run? If so would you care to send me your tune?

plaaya69

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Just download the base 7mGTE map on the EMU site and double check the inputs/outputs so it reads the right signals from the motor, fuel tables and make sure your timing is synced and set right with a timing light. Also since you are running the factory igniter, the ignition settings are already correct in the map.

Madboost

Authorized Seller
I don’t know all that stuff I’m looking at the crank signals and stuff and have no clue what it is

Madboost

Authorized Seller
So seems like one cps is sending signal and the other isn’t but I’m also seeing voltage for tps go from 2.5 idle to 0 wot

SpecialK

Authorized Seller
CPS signal should look like this when you crank the engine.
Primary trigger = NE signal
Secondary trigger = either G1 or G2

FB_IMG_1569579045215.jpg

Reactions: Madboost

DieselScout2

Authorized Seller
I would check the PnP adapter to make sure there is continuity through every single terminal first. My PnP adapter did not get power through the stock harness, nor did it have continuity through the ignition circuits. ECU master ended up sending me a new adapter but I ended up building a harness from scratch. If you aren't set on using the stock engine harness, I'd recommend building a new engine harness.

Reactions: Piratetip

Madboost

Authorized Seller
Ok so one cps wasn’t sending signal at all from my test the other one on the other hand would send signal if I pull up the ignition log you can see it counting spark and all the other stuff but no ignition at the coil ( do I have to change anything for running 2j coils from is300). Now as for the log specialK sent I can’t seem to get it to log anything thru it not sure if I’m not starting the log or what’s going on there but the ecu is seeing crank thru cps ( turning with my hands not cranking)

plaaya69

Authorized Seller
Contributor
The ignition timing needs to be synced with the standalone. My tuner helped take care of that that but you also still need to verify your ignition timing with a timing light.

Those type of 2jz coils from that motor will work and I have ran those but I went back to the 7mGTE coils. The 2 wires on that 2 pin connector for each coil does make a difference so make sure your 12v + and return ground is in the right pin on each of the 3 coils.

For the CPS signal I only needed 3 of the 4 CPS wires on the ECU Masters standalone when I made my engine harness. The G1 pin was no longer needed. Keep this in mind if you do decide to change the wiring.

Madboost

Authorized Seller
I’m using stock engine harness with pnp emu classic harness. When I turn the cps it says synced but no fire from coils still. The laptop is showing the ecu sending spark to coils but nothing is going to the coils I’ve emailed them twice and haven’t got any response.

Madboost

Authorized Seller
Ok I’ve check the pins and they all seem to be getting continuity. I did look up ignition outputs and there are none assigned is that how it should be I’m gonna try and get some pics to post to make sure all is set up right but so far still no luck on spark

SpecialK

Authorized Seller
Ok so one cps wasn’t sending signal at all from my test the other one on the other hand would send signal if I pull up the ignition log you can see it counting spark and all the other stuff but no ignition at the coil ( do I have to change anything for running 2j coils from is300). Now as for the log specialK sent I can’t seem to get it to log anything thru it not sure if I’m not starting the log or what’s going on there but the ecu is seeing crank thru cps ( turning with my hands not cranking)
In the ignition trigger menu, check the box that says "enable scope" and try again. It sounds like you're getting primary trigger signal but no cam sync signal

Madboost

Authorized Seller
In the ignition trigger menu, check the box that says "enable scope" and try again. It sounds like you're getting primary trigger signal but no cam sync signal
I tryed that and get no scope.
update: found out my pnp harness was missing a ground thanks to a guy on the Facebook tuning help page so now I have spark but only with cps out of the car as soon as I put it back in the I loose all signals and spark but somehow I get a dwell signla

Madboost

Authorized Seller
are you sure your CPS wires are good? They get cooked by the exhaust manifold and are prone to failure.
Ya cps is fine it’s new and car was running before I swapped to the stand alone that’s the part not making sense. I even swapped back to stock ecu the car will fire up and run so there has to be another issue I just have no clue what the whole reason I spent the extra money on the pnp is to not cut wires and hack up a new harness and I could just plug it in set peramiters and it would fire up. But something is holding me back

plaaya69

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I had the pnp harness also but it started with both the standalone and oem ecu while I was messing around with both in the beginning. Right out the box you need to make sure your tuning software version is up to date, did you do that?

Once the software is up to date, you have the standalone powered up with 12v key power and you have the USB cable connected from the standalone to your laptop: Under the file tab it shows "Upgrade Firmware" have you done this?

Personally I would start all over after you done the above two things then download the base 7mGTE map again and go from there for a fresh starting point. Something in your settings might have been changed along the way.

Also do you have your wideband hooked up correct?