7M-Gte Wiring Harness Plugs, What is what, Walk Through

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Credit 92TealSupra for posting original on Nov 7, 2008

Re-posting first post of thread with pictures that match those listed here. 9/27/2019

I have seen diagrams that show me what is what, but I really think I learn from these photos I take, and I think others will learn as well. This is a Brand New Wiring harness for a '92 Supra turbo 5-speed.

This will also work with '91 and '92, it also is similar but not exact for the '89 and '90

I hope this helps, let me know, I just thought since I have it this may help the Supra community a little, if you do not know what a plug is, or it's use.

1st Part
wiring-harness-2.jpg

1. Cold Start Injector Plug
2. O2 Sensor Plug
3. Cam Position Sensor Plug
4. ECU Coolant Sensor Plug
5. Radiator Cooling Fan Sensor Switch Plug
6. A/C Coolant Sensor Switch Plug
7. Air Flow Meter Plug
8. Instrument Cluster Coolant Temp Gauge Plug
9. Oil Pressure Plug
10. From headlight relay, it has been Unknown, but I found it, but I don't see where it plugs in.

2nd Part
wiring-harness-1.jpg

1. Check Connector
2. Ignition Resistor Plug
3. Resistor Plug on body ( Rectangle shape )
4. C1 Plug located next to the fuse box
5. Igniter Plug
6. Igniter Plug
7. Progressive Power Steering Plug
8. #1 Knock Sensor Plug
9. #1 VSV
10. Idle Air control Plug
11. Fuel Injector #1 Plug
12. Coil Plug
13. Fuel Injector #2 Plug
14. Cold Start Injector Plug
15. Fuel Injector #3 Plug
16. Fuel Injector #4 Plug
17. Throttle Position Sensor Plug
18. Fuel Injector #6 Plug
19. Fuel Injector # 5 Plug
20. Nothing goes to it
21. Start Soilnoid Plug
22. Manual Transmission Reverse Light Plug
23. Ground under Intake Manifold
24. ABS Plug for Manual Tranmission
25. #2 VSV Plug for EGR
26.#2 Knock Sensor Plug
27. Horn Plug

The rest of the plugs, are one for the Heater Control valve, 4 In dash Plug b1 m1 b2 b3 , and the 3 Main Plugs to go into the ECU, I hope those don't need to be pictured.

Reactions: Jeff Lange

Supramikect

Authorized Seller
The gray 2 wire plug in 1st part that's labeled #10 is for the engine oil level sensor p/n 89491-14060 which was not on any USA models. The gray connector has a yellow and a white with black stripe wires. I have it on my 92T and used the yellow wire connected to an added stock camry oil pressure switch that screwed into the exiting factory plugged oil port in block on same side as the stock oil pressure sensor. The added switch feeds a miniature 3mm 12 volt blinking red LED with leads that I got from (superbrightleds.com) that I installed in my oil pressure gauge way back. The yellow wire becomes the negative back from added switch and that same yellow continues into cabin wire and can be found in space #2 in the B2 which is a white connector on a 92 behind glove box. The yellow wire is there on engine harness side of connector but blank on cabin side mating connector. My oil pressure warning mod will flash red with key first turned to on and goes off once engine starts to build oil pressure, but will flash with loss of oil pressure and catch your attention real quick.

Attachments

Last edited:

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
@Supramikect That's good info to record. Thanks for posting.

My original harness on my 1988 manual turbo has been through the mill... hacked, wrapped, stripped open, repaired. Here it is at its barest.
harness (4).JPG

The engine is almost built and I believe it's easiest to install the engine with the harness on the engine. Still painting the intakes, and maybe the cam covers, but sensors in a tray waiting... I really want to update the following picture :) Once I figure out the placement I'll take another picture and update this post.
harness (1).JPG .

My ultimate goal is run on an Arduino-based ECU, but first step is OEM stock.

Supramikect

Authorized Seller
The #20 dark gray 2 wire connector in part 2 is for the added EGR gas temp sensor for CA emissions only so not connected on 49 state. It's labeled E4 in the engine compartment wiring diagram and has a black w/ yellow stripe and a brown wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: debrucer

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The gray 2 wire plug in 1st part that's labeled #10 is for the engine oil level sensor p/n 89491-14060 which was not on any USA models. The gray connector has a yellow and a white with black stripe wires. I have it on my 92T and used the yellow wire connected to an added stock camry oil pressure switch that screwed into the exiting factory plugged oil port in block on same side as the stock oil pressure sensor. The added switch feeds a miniature 3mm 12 volt blinking red LED with leads that I got from (superbrightleds.com) that I installed in my oil pressure gauge way back. The yellow wire becomes the negative back from added switch and that same yellow continues into cabin wire and can be found in space #2 in the B2 which is a white connector on a 92 behind glove box. The yellow wire is there on engine harness side of connector but blank on cabin side mating connector. My oil pressure warning mod will flash red with key first turned to on and goes off once engine starts to build oil pressure, but will flash with loss of oil pressure and catch your attention real quick.
Nice oil pressure mod and I like your digital volt meter mod too as it is a perfect spot to replace that battery light. I did that volt mod on my Lexus and it turned out great but I think one day I will do that to the Supra. I also seen that volt meter put in place of the headlight washer button for a clean install.

Reactions: debrucer