3P's TCCS Disassembly/Analysis

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The Turbo-A ECU board needs to support the 6 cylinder 7MGTE ignition system, which pretty much rules out anything with a 4 cylinder. In fact, it may be custom, since I cannot think of any other production Toyota with that setup. I was hoping the 1G might be the ticket, but if it had a flapper AFM then I don't think so.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have the software from the 7MGTE Techtom ECU. It was disappointing how little they changed, at least for the one I had. And they just disable the fuel cut. They don't actually do anything when the load goes past 100% which makes me wonder how many engines were blown up because of that.

Anyway, pictures of custom ECUs are always welcome. I've never got my hands on a C5 ECU to pull out the code. Strangely most owners seem reluctant to send it off to a stranger so he can pull it apart. Can't understand it! hehe

Reactions: debrucer

andrewp724

Back from the Suby
Authorized Seller
3P, how far away are you from these being offered. I’m getting excited about this again after seeing the recent activity.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
I don't believe this will happen as it hasn't happened by now as much as 3p doesn't want to let down the community unfortunately I think he has... So much time has passed... :(

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I shipped my first yellow plug ecu to Piratetip last week. In order to do that I needed to finish disassembling the yellow plug ecu code and modify it for the lexus afm and larger injectors. Post 89 ecu software sets a code 21 if you run it on yellow plug hardware. I also built an adapter to test a yellow plug ecu on my 90. So things are moving ahead.

Image1.jpg