3P's TCCS Disassembly/Analysis

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Celica ST205 GTFOUR uses speed-density. Supra JZA70 & 80 uses speed-density, etc.
Because it is not required to be accurate. The 2JSGTE uses a hot wire mass airflow where it matters. Cars in third world countries use points and carburetors from Nissan and Toyota. Therefore, those items are better according to your red herring. Think about it.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The Turbo-A ECU board needs to support the 6 cylinder 7MGTE ignition system, which pretty much rules out anything with a 4 cylinder. In fact, it may be custom, since I cannot think of any other production Toyota with that setup. I was hoping the 1G might be the ticket, but if it had a flapper AFM then I don't think so.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have the software from the 7MGTE Techtom ECU. It was disappointing how little they changed, at least for the one I had. And they just disable the fuel cut. They don't actually do anything when the load goes past 100% which makes me wonder how many engines were blown up because of that.

Anyway, pictures of custom ECUs are always welcome. I've never got my hands on a C5 ECU to pull out the code. Strangely most owners seem reluctant to send it off to a stranger so he can pull it apart. Can't understand it! hehe

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
I might be willing to send it to you to have a look, as long as it comes back in one piece :)

I'm as keen as you to figure out what they did as it us quite the add on board even just physically.