2jzge vs 2jzgte Lower Intake Manifold

Hansito

Authorized Seller
Hey my fellow supra owners, I have an 88 Supra that i'm currently swapping a 2jzNA-T into. i want to get the 2jzgte intake manifold from driftmotion.com, I was wondering if anyone knew if the lower intake runners are the same? I'm asking this because I want to put a an upper maifold from a GTE onto my lower GE manifold runers, will they bolt up?

shiversport

Authorized Seller
No it wont work bolt pattern is completely different you would need modify it to make it work ie cutting and welding.Dont get one off those ebay ones like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACING-INTAKE-INLET-MANIFOLD-TAPERED-PLENUM-93-98-SUPRA-MK4-IS300-2JZ-GE-2JZGE-/390612719372?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af255170c&vxp=mtr
you will have clearance issues.The other one they have on there will work if you dont mind relocating the battery to the trunk and beating on the brake booster hope this helps ya.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
The cheap manifolds don't fit. Iirc they hit the shock tower and the brake booster.

shimafan02

Authorized Seller
2jznat.jpg 2jznat3.jpg sadly they don't fit for us mk3 guys :/ ive seen someone on a supra page on fb make one work by having the intake cut and rewelded to clear the brake booster

suprakidd

Authorized Seller
as a matter of fact ive looked into this, i had my ge lower and a stock gte upper iirc a couple holes needed enlarged, and the runners matched as they where sort off-set... wish i had pictures..

Hansito

Authorized Seller
Thanks for all the replies. Just saved me some money haha. I guess I'll just have to make a custom one, anyone know good ones for decent price?