2jzge swap into '64 AMC Rambler - oil filter / oil pressure sending unit relocation question

jonnydclark

Well, I'm just starting this marathon and one of the "simple" things I've ran into is the oil filter covering up the driver's side motor mount. I'm seeing pictures of other people's swaps (into Nissan 370Z etc) and they don't seem to have the same filter / pressure sensor adapter that I'd like to eliminate. I know the 2J came in several different cars. Can anybody tell me if there are different adapters or a way to put the filter straight onto the block and relocate the pressure sensor? I see how to relocate the filter but that just puts hoses off this big aluminum adapter. I'd like to eliminate the aluminum adapter or use one from a different car / version. Does the Supra or SC use the same setup as this off a GS300?

Some context,
2JZGE came from a 2001 GS300 with 175k miles I parted out to get the drivetrain. I picked up the Rambler a year or so ago for $500 because it is similar to my first car (a '69) and in solid condition. I didn't want to try to rebuild the old 199 straight six that had already been rebuilt in the 80s. I'm probably in over my head but I'll figure it out eventually.
Not planning on adding turbo or anything fancy, just want a solid running fuel injected modern engine in it.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: debrucer

jonnydclark

This may be an option....

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well, I'm just starting this marathon and one of the "simple" things I've ran into is the oil filter covering up the driver's side motor mount. I'm seeing pictures of other people's swaps (into Nissan 370Z etc) and they don't seem to have the same filter / pressure sensor adapter that I'd like to eliminate. I know the 2J came in several different cars. Can anybody tell me if there are different adapters or a way to put the filter straight onto the block and relocate the pressure sensor? I see how to relocate the filter but that just puts hoses off this big aluminum adapter. I'd like to eliminate the aluminum adapter or use one from a different car / version. Does the Supra or SC use the same setup as this off a GS300?

Some context,
2JZGE came from a 2001 GS300 with 175k miles I parted out to get the drivetrain. I picked up the Rambler a year or so ago for $500 because it is similar to my first car (a '69) and in solid condition. I didn't want to try to rebuild the old 199 straight six that had already been rebuilt in the 80s. I'm probably in over my head but I'll figure it out eventually.
Not planning on adding turbo or anything fancy, just want a solid running fuel injected modern engine in it.
That is really a cool car. DriftMotion is the place to look, but, as you stated, it's going to require hoses.

lifted

Authorized Seller
drift motion also has a hose that moves the pressure sensor over a bit and adapts it to use a 7m sender. the one on the 2j is just a dummy light.