2jzge swap from a is300

Dbz195

Authorized Seller
Hey was wondering if anyone has completed this swap as I am starting this soon and hoping to get sone advice and some problems I should expect

Abe's 1987

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Authorized Seller
Ok so you will need to get the

Engine mount brackets
Rear sump oil pan
You will have to be doing some wiring

Which tranny will you be going with?
Any upgrade plans or just stock?

Pics of your current supra and engine if you have

Dbz195

Authorized Seller
Ok so you will need to get the

Engine mount brackets
Rear sump oil pan
You will have to be doing some wiring

Which tranny will you be going with?
Any upgrade plans or just stock?

Pics of your current supra and engine if you have
i have ordered the brackets bellhousing for the r154 i will be going Na-t i do want to wire the engine myself and save the 2k on the harness i have the 7mgte

Reactions: debrucer

Dbz195

Authorized Seller
Plans for turbo, injectors, intercooler system, exhuast, ect?
ive bought a intercooler from driftmotion still looking for turbo kits but first i want to get the engine mounted and running in the car before i start going crazy with upgrades the car needs rust work done in the rear fenders/wheel wells. i am waiting for the shine auto widebody kit to come in so cover my cuts its a slow process have racing seats new clutch coils and other small pieces to be put in aiming to finish the build by next year hopefully all depends on saving money right now for paint and engine upgrades

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Take things slow, don't rush, always the key.
Wiring is going to be your major part of the swap. You'll need to find both wiring pinouts for your supra and the is300, that is engine to body harness pinouts. There may be a witing up somewhere on the is300 2jzge to ma70 wiring guide.

Is the 2jzge a vvti or non vvti?
I'm guessing you already have the r154?
Will you be running power steering?
Will you be running AC?
Will you be going mechanical or electric fan?
Thicker aluminum radiator?
Relocating the battery?

Things i learn while doing my 1jz swap.
Keep your 7mgte ac compressor
Keep your 7mgte starter
You can reuse your 7mgte charcoal canister
You can use your old turbo driveshaft
I was also able to reuse the 7mgte power steering reservoir if your not sourcing another kind.

Last edited:

Dbz195

Authorized Seller
Take things slow, don't rush, always the key.
Wiring is going to be your major part of the swap. You'll need to find both wiring pinouts for your supra and the is300, that is engine to body harness pinouts. There may be a witing up somewhere on the is300 2jzge to ma70 wiring guide.

Is the 2jzge a vvti or non vvti?
I'm guessing you already have the r154?
Will you be running power steering?
Will you be running AC?
Will you be going mechanical or electric fan?
Thicker aluminum radiator?
Relocating the battery?

Things i learn while doing my 1jz swap.
Keep your 7mgte ac compressor
Keep your 7mgte starter
You can reuse your 7mgte charcoal canister
You can use your old turbo driveshaft
I was also able to reuse the 7mgte power steering reservoir if your not sourcing another kind.
yeah thats the plan this my first swap ever in any car ever its a vvti i was actually looking at the emu black standalone ecu with the plug and play 2jz adapter its at a good price point so theres something i can invest in later. i have the r154 ill be running ac and power steering and most likely mechanical and depending on space relocating the battery still have lots to learn about the swap just waiting for the drift motion items to get started

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Ok like I said if your keeping ac you will need to use the top portion of the old 7m compressor and bolt it onto the 2jz compressor. Only way to bolt the mk3 ac lines back to the compressor.

I've been told the vvti internals are not capable of high hp. If you plan on higher hp output you should think about the non vvti internals.

I've also found this write up to be useful.

Relocating the battery would be only if you plan on running intercooler piping around there.