2JZGE MKIII with 7MGTE Wiring and Electronics

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
it has a turbo, but i just need to figure intake and exhaust piping now

also thinking I should have bought some black wire instead of using yellow i had laying around. once the car runs I'll go through paint and make everything look like a factory engine.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :aigo: :aigo:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Good .... I am looking to buy a 2jzge for my winter build. Is there away someone can do a full write up?

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
when I get this all said and done. I will attempt at making a write up with as much infromation as possible. hopefully will be done in the next couple of weeks.:icon_bigg

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
alternator is in 2jz location, ignition....still can't decide

edit: to do list
-ignition
-intercooler piping
-fuel rail modification
-exhast
-oil lines for turbo

there maybe little things left, but I think I'm about 75% done

Last edited:

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
sao1 said:
Any updates 88supraTT?
will get pics this weekend

-fuel rail is done

-ignition is in the place i want it, just need to pick up some new plug wires and mount it.

-received the boost logic oil line kit and somethings of coarse aren't working

-have piping for intercooler

-the biggest problem is mounting a exhaust of some kind.

I can only work on this for a few hours a week because of work, school, and the car is at my parents house 45 min away.

really really want to get this done before winter.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Authorized Seller
Updates? Curious to see if you found a better fitting throttle cable. Also, how did the heater hoses hook up? Haven't seen info posted anywhere on them...

hottscennessey

Authorized Seller
Contributor
On the heater hoses..

Facing the engine bay:

-Left, rear of block.. hooked it to port on passenger side of firewall
-Top of head... used a 90* bend and hooked it to port on driver side of firewall

This may not be the best way, but it was the easiest and has worked great for ~9 months :)

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
its so close, everything is about done

found a downpipe just sent a message to the guy about buying it...4"

Ordered the fitings I need to make the boost logic kit work.

finished hooking up the fuel rail
finished the intercooler piping
ignition, just need to make some ground wires

i think that about somes it up...there is snow on the ground and more supposed to come.

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Authorized Seller
Contributor
No updates from me, I haven't even logged on here for like 2 months, too many other projects....

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Authorized Seller
hottscennessey said:
On the heater hoses..

Facing the engine bay:

-Left, rear of block.. hooked it to port on passenger side of firewall
-Top of head... used a 90* bend and hooked it to port on driver side of firewall

This may not be the best way, but it was the easiest and has worked great for ~9 months :)
Sounds good to me. So it looks like the '92-'94 Camry throttle cable is the best fit? Found this in a 2j swap thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=804745&postcount=27

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Authorized Seller
Josh, I made my own for my 1JZ. I can hook you up if you can't find a Camry one.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Authorized Seller
Thanks, I'll definitely hit you up when I get rolling. I was thinking a bike brake cable might work, I've got a few feet of it in my garage. What'd you use? (sorry for the thread hijack)

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Authorized Seller
dok33 said:
Thanks, I'll definitely hit you up when I get rolling. I was thinking a bike brake cable might work, I've got a few feet of it in my garage. What'd you use? (sorry for the thread hijack)
I used a bike brake cable with the fittings off of my old 7M cable.

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
here it is running

only major problem is i can't rev past 3k rpms, just hesitates off idle, and i'm about to purchase a manifold.

this is the first start, vpc is set really rich by default and the spark plugs are shot. it does not smoke near as much now.

will make a video of it rev/hesitating once parents are awake, open 4" downpipe FTW

88supraTT

Authorized Seller
finally got a manifold put on, got it today ;) its sethrons square type, major props to him for making it :bigthumb:

going back out side to finish wiring

edit: moved stuff from the thread i previously posted in; i should just make a build thread one of these days lol

question on my valve covers should a make them polished or repaint them to stock. any ideas would be great ;)

sethron71

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hey Caleb,
Looks good! Sorry about the difficulties but hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Seth

Spoolin

Banned
Authorized Seller
I sorry for bumping such an old thread. I suppose this would be better than creating a new one.

Anyways, I have acquired a 2JZGE VVT-i engine out of a Lexus IS300. The plan is to put this engine into my 89 Supra. My question is, I originally planned on using 7mGTE electronics on the engine like OP of this thread... but I realized that my engine doesn't have a distributor on the exhaust side of the head like the non-VVT-i 2JZGE engines (a place to put the 7MGTE CPS). I would like to know if there is a way around this or do I have to sell all my 7m Electronics and get the 2JZGE VVT-i harness & ECU?

Last edited:

hottscennessey

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I sorry for bumping such an old thread. I suppose this would be better than creating a new one.

Anyways, I have acquired a 2JZGE VVT-i engine out of a Lexus IS300. The plan is to put this engine into my 89 Supra. My question is, I originally planned on using 7mGTE electronics on the engine like OP of this thread... but I realized that my engine doesn't have a distributor on the exhaust side of the head like the non-VVT-i 2JZGE engines (a place to put the 7MGTE CPS). I would like to know if there is a way around this or do I have to sell all my 7m Electronics and get the 2JZGE VVT-i harness & ECU?
1) buy a 2JZGE head and use 7m electronics
2) find what camshaft pickup the 2JZGE VVTI uses, verify it has the same number of sync and trigger pickups. If the same as the 7M, use the 7M ECU and wire it accordingly.
3) run it off the 2JZGE VVTI ECU as you stated.

I, myself would scrap the whole VVTI part of your project and just run a pre-vvt motor. They are stronger internally. I wouldn't bother boosting the VVTI. On the other hand, I'd keep VVTI, and the VVTI ECU if I were staying all motor.. but why would anyone do that?

suprarick

Authorized Seller
I have a question, will the 7mgte electronics work with the stock 2JZ NA headgasket (higher compression than what the 7m has) without a tune? Just to start up and drive..?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Authorized Seller
Yep, just don't run more than 10-12psi on premium gas and you'll be fine

Satan

Authorized Seller
Contributor
got a question how ud block of old distributor and use coil pac howd u get wiring for coils and such etc
Not exactly sure what you're asking, but there are many write ups available for going NA-T and am sure they address Distributor-Coilpack options.

SupraSpooler

Authorized Seller
How has this thread not been bumped? I found so much useful info in here. Did you ever get this thing completely running off of the CPS without a standalone?

Reactions: Jh2060