1ZZ-FE coils on 7MGTE

eraezer

Authorized Seller
Albert, do you have any pics on how you modified the throttle? I dissembled the pulley trying to make it work, but I couldn't see it.

On your coil plates you have two mounting holes, but there are only 4 oil plugs, did you only use one mounting hole and cut off the other one?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
Authorized Seller
Albert and I making my coil bracket

Partially done

Still have some thing to finish

Cut all the tubes, deburred, pressed in plate .005" fit and set all the lengths. Sanded everything back down now I just need to counter sink the holes once i get screws.

Albert

Authorized Seller
I don't have any pictures of it. I can make a mock up of what we did and take a photo of it.

mk3_7m

Authorized Seller
Oh crap... can't believe I missed that. Well i guess it's pretty easy since they're pretty local for yous. But down here at Aus.. it's sucks to get around parts.

mk3_7m

Authorized Seller
ahh fatigue is bad.... Well I guess i'll be considering these when I go standalone. Probably end up speending much less than the Pencil coils AEM has.

Dyzzyman

Authorized Seller
Dyzzyman, got any more pics?

Albert, does Dyzzyman's throttle look like it will after following your description?
ThrottleCable2.jpg

Steven and I did a linkage delete on Jason's 7m. All we did was make a bracket with a hole to bolt to the plenum and u-shaped slot to hold the throttle cable.

The cable ran down under and through the plenum between 5-6 cylinders, and we spun the throttle plate 180 degrees.

Full linkage delete, no welding, no replacing any part. I used a drill and dremel.
Eraezer, should indeed look as described, it was after all Mr. Steven, of Mr Albert & Mr Steven that did the linkage delete. On this pic you can see the bracket and it's curvature, similar to an elongated " S ".

I don't have any pics of how it looked in the engine bay. There might be pics of another 7m with the linkage delete that has been done.

eraezer

Authorized Seller
Thank you for the pic :)
Did you remove that "close-slowly" damper from the throttle?

I found a throttle from another car that I have, a mazda 626 1990 (mine is turboed by me) and the throttle link wheel fits the supra throttle and I think I can use it with even less modification.

eraezer

Authorized Seller
Install 1ZZ-FE coils - Check!
Throttle linkage delete - Check!

I still need to run the wires for the coils but the are in place :) I was lucky with the IC-TB pipe, I have about 2-3mm clearence to the coils. I had really good luck with my IAT, it sits very nicely between a coil, IC-TB pipe and PCV outlet on the intake valve cover :p

About the throttle linkage delete:
I started with the Mazda wheel but after cutting of almost everything from it I gave up and modified the stock wheel. The center hole is shaped like the axle and I wanted to keep that so I made a new hole for the wire a bit further down from the one you can see in the pic above.

Albert

Authorized Seller
I'll be making 2 of these brackets for local friends. I'll post up pictures and dimensions for a "how-to"

Nuffboost87

Authorized Seller
Thank you Toyotanos! Got the coils and the clips now. Just trying to get me a bracket. Albert is not making them anymore and I'd hate to have to try and make these from scratch...plus there is the issue of the 4 nuts needed. They have been discontinued by Toyota and no one seems to have them. Doesn't matter though someway I'm going get this setup!!!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Any chance I can buy one of those brackets from you?
Just in case you want a different idea, I am running this throttle pulley:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Hi-Thr...725911&hash=item568dc36446:g:LcsAAOSwEgVWRlw6

I did have to drill out the center a bit to get the nut to tighten up in the center of the pulley, make a new metal bracket to mount the throttle cable end and make the hole a bit larger for the OEM throttle cable end to go into. After this mod, the throttle response is very crisp compared to that OEM bracket with those plastic washers that fail/stick and bind up as time goes on. I am still running the OEM turbo throttle cable but will be using a non turbo throttle cable in the near future since it is a bit longer.

Bmettie

Authorized Seller
Just in case you want a different idea, I am running this throttle pulley:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Hi-Thr...725911&hash=item568dc36446:g:LcsAAOSwEgVWRlw6

I did have to drill out the center a bit to get the nut to tighten up in the center of the pulley, make a new metal bracket to mount the throttle cable end and make the hole a bit larger for the OEM throttle cable end to go into. After this mod, the throttle response is very crisp compared to that OEM bracket with those plastic washers that fail/stick and bind up as time goes on. I am still running the OEM turbo throttle cable but will be using a non turbo throttle cable in the near future since it is a bit longer.

Get a Camry throttle cable. Its just the right size!

Also with Alberts 1ZZ Coil bracket!

20150513_173537.jpg 20150308_153108.jpg