1JZ places for tech/swap and parts

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I currently do not have any updated links still for the TSRM sorry guys unless someone has it hidden somewhere looks like your gonna have to ask around for info.

badz101

Authorized Seller
hello everyone, im currently doing a 1jz swap off a soarer in to my ma70. Honestly i dont know where to start from. any one done this before or any ideas??? i already got jz flywheel and bellhousing. i need help with mounting the engine. what do i need? thankyou in advance

Backfire

Authorized Seller
Just went to the local auto parts store, And they said the NGK changed their part numbers a while back.. So the spark plugs that are listed 3330 and 6097 are now 6282(3330) and 4644(6097)
I bought the 6282 and they fit, but haven't had a chance to test them, since engine is not in car ATM. But I will confirm that they work tomorrow when they are installed in another car.

mkiiichip

Authorized Seller
i would like to the list of interchangeable parts between the 7m and 1j. valve cover gaskets, and grommets.

this is a very helpful page, will someone please clean it up? There is far too much waste here.

Supradupra.com

The LED freak!
Authorized Seller
Surrey, yUK - A country less fulfilling than a dis
As requested by Kai, I am posting this here for you guys.

I have spent rather a large amount of time pulling together all the wafty information on the 1JZ wiring & control systems during my build.

I have now managed to collect together the data, cross check it, continue the testing & research to fill in all the missing parts & provide more detailed information for the 1jz Supra wiring.

I have also checked, cross referenced & compiled the information for the 1JZ ECT (auto) control - which is in built within the TCCS.

To the best of my knowledge & testing, the information is correct. Obviously if discrepancies are noted, I would like to know so I can continue to better the information.

I have compiled all this on one page for your convenience HERE at Supradupra.com.

Also I now have now compiled a complete1JZ Digi Dash pin out HERE

Hydrofan 2jz pump swap info HERE

Hopefully this is of use to people & this is possibly worth a sticky.

As work continues I will be adding more & more information, digidash has to be another one that needs compiling all in one place, no messing - there again, I have popped what I have on my site.

Please don't hot link to the pictures on the site direct, I have my bandwidth to think about :)

This thread is a serious mess with loads of dead links & deletable posts, are there no mods tackling this? Well overdue, could be a great resource.

Last edited:

mk3forme

Authorized Seller
awesome info supradupra. I for one, can appreciate how much time and effort you have put into this. Im very much looking forward to spending more time on your site when available. And im sure this info will be most helpful when I install my 1jz as well. Thanks again!!!

Supradupra.com

The LED freak!
Authorized Seller
No problems guys, I just want to input back into the community.

I found it so confusing all the varying posts & incomplete data on the net for these engines, thought it was time to address the issue.

I have just added the link to the hydrofan - 2j water pump conversion too. This has part numbers, links to the correct TSRM pages & torque settings.

Supradupra.com

The LED freak!
Authorized Seller
most of the links on the some of the info are no good!!!! like the wiring!!

Just checked the wiring link from my post (88) above & it's fine......In fact all of the links on that post are 100% working :confused::confused:

The info at the start fo the thread & the links there are mainly dead however & could do with a large sort out.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Authorized Seller
What all map sensors can be used on a 1j? !jz, 2jz, hks and apexi, mr2? Any others?

I need to find one soon.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
What all map sensors can be used on a 1j? !jz, 2jz, hks and apexi, mr2? Any others?

I need to find one soon.
So far I know 1JZ, 2JZ can be used for each other. As far as the MR2 I would look into that and see. I am not sure if they're calibrated for a certain type of engine or not. I would like to know the limits of the 1JZ/2JZ map sensor. I am looking into more tuning option for my ECU and electronics before I go stand alone on my SC3.

ProjectAIB

Authorized Seller
Hi SM
this might b stupid but i am juz cuirsous y should u send n ur 1jz harness wen the engine have its own ecu n wire.
wht is there that is missing n that it needs to b send n for a pro 2 do.
the cluster n the lights r apart fr the motor.
im juz stuck n cnt get it out of my head. i dnt c whts there to b done.

can some1 point it out y should it b sent n?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP SO I CAN GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hi SM
this might b stupid but i am juz cuirsous y should u send n ur 1jz harness wen the engine have its own ecu n wire.
wht is there that is missing n that it needs to b send n for a pro 2 do.
the cluster n the lights r apart fr the motor.
im juz stuck n cnt get it out of my head. i dnt c whts there to b done.

can some1 point it out y should it b sent n?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP SO I CAN GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

You are correct the engine harness is fine and does not need changing. the problem lies in the other harnesses in the car. The Body harness and harness that goes to your gauge cluster are different and require either an adapter harness or being changed over to match the body harness for the JZA70 from Japan so that all will work together properly

Lsxfox

can someone please help me out..pm me in case I cant find this link again...I have a 1jzgte out of a supra, I am trying to make it a stand alone harness because I am trying to put it in a fox body mustang..my problem is that I have this wiring done ( https://www.facebook.com/JzSwapWiri...3772611731986/383784955064085/?type=1&theater ) (copy and paste) and it still will not start up..i just had the engine and trans in a 91 Toyota pickup truck and I pulled it out because the truck was alittle more beat up then I cared for..i was putting the engine setup in a 88 mk3 supra but it was wrecked bad in rear so I pulled back out so please don't hate for the swap im doing now haha
any help on what im missing just to get this thing to start back up again I appreciate very much, I have looked and looked and cant find anything on just doing a simple stand alone harness setup that can go in any car..thanks for any help again

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have not seen anything here for quite some time. I'll see what i can do about some of the links and updating info.