1JZ down on power

MK3MKB

Authorized Seller
I had another thread here---> http://www.supramania.com/forum/threads/1jz-boost-leak.249031/ trying to diagnose a boost leak I couldn't find, turned out to be an exhaust leak but I still have the same problem I've been having since buying the car. I think I've evolved past a boost leak issue, prompting a new thread. I thought it was a boost leak when I bought it and easily fixed so I didn't pass up the deal. My car is a 1993 Toyota Chaser, 1JZ-GTE non-vvti, automatic. 117,000 kilometres. I really want to get the car squared away and start enjoying it more.

The issue I'm having are:
-Low power
-Struggles to pull up hills
-Will not shift past 4,500 RPM (unless its in third, and will rev to 5,250 and no further)
-Sometimes spits some black smoke when you punch it
-When cruising and you try to floor it, it will rev up like it down shifted but not take off, waits a second then actually down shifts and starts accelerating
-will not break traction at all
-intermittent no start

So far I have checked:
-boost leak checked the entire system at 14 psi, found 2 very small leaks and repaired them
-verified timing
-verified turbos good
-verified waste gate actuators good
-swapped recirc valve
-disabled recirc valve (temporarily, it's currently working)
-ohm tested crank sensor, and front cam sensor, found good
-pulled codes, had code 14 but no CEL
-replaced igniter
-sent ECU back to rebuild shop to be looked over, he didn't find anything but went ahead and replaced the injector caps
-checked compression, found good
-checked boost pressure with gauge, at best its making 2 psi
-TRC light is on, so I pulled ABS relays in case it was in limp mode, no change
-unplugged TRC stepper motor because of light, verified it is open

MK3MKB

Authorized Seller
sounds like blow turbski's. Smoking when you punch it, 2 psi. How were the turbo's verified?
Smoke looks to me like when an engine is running rich. It’s black, not blue. Turbos were swapped with a known good set. No change in performance.

Abe's 1987

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Authorized Seller
If i remember righrt doesn't black smoke mean to much fuel being burned?