1992 Supras with stock subwoofers

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Search it. I helped cover that a long while ago.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
Authorized Seller
here (stock does not include JL woofers)

Last edited:

bhmsupra

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Virtually impossible to find. I looked around for several months and nothing. Just gotta get lucky on stuff like this.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Applesauce was selling his, maybe it's still for sale

Canuckrz

Authorized Seller
I priced them at Toyota the other day out of curiosity, they were like $1350 Canadian or something around there.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Applesauce was selling his, maybe it's still for sale
LOL! nah! I was never selling it. Im gonna upgrade the speakers in it, I blew them. It's just been a project on the back burner, Im working on car issues right now...

Its def a rare item :love:that you have to get lucky to find. Mine even came w/ the special carpet. If I sold this it would be for alot of money that I dont think anybody would pay. Then I would regret it later, like I did when I sold my HKS AIC kit:cry:

But yes we went over this subject last year in the AUDIO section.

Attachments

bsupra

Authorized Seller
LOL! nah! I was never selling it. Im gonna upgrade the speakers in it, I blew them. It's just been a project on the back burner, Im working on car issues right now...

Its def a rare item :love:that you have to get lucky to find. Mine even came w/ the special carpet. If I sold this it would be for alot of money that I dont think anybody would pay. Then I would regret it later, like I did when I sold my HKS AIC kit:cry:

But yes we went over this subject last year in the AUDIO section.
Ok. Thanks. Y is your carpet bubbled up on the reserve tire?

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Ok. Thanks. Y is your carpet bubbled up on the reserve tire?
Its raised to cover the tire. With this carpet there is no wood board over the tire. Just the carpet since the Sub has to mount to the the trunk. So they raised the carpet in the spot of the tire.

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I though having that rear setup (no wood, just carpet over the spare etc) would be better, but after having my celicas (same setup, just carpet) its rather annoying. Can never neatly place your bags in there, they always dont fit right and are just thrown in. LOL, sounds retarded but is annoying to me.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
I have a spare raised carpet in pretty good shape if anyone has the OEM sub like mine. Make an offer. Only thing is it doesn't have the cut out like mine for the sub. But its out of a JZA70 I guess if you didnt get the sub they still gave you the raised carpet instead. Must be a JZA70 thing...

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
I have a spare raised carpet in pretty good shape if anyone has the OEM sub like mine. Make an offer. Only thing is it doesn't have the cut out like mine for the sub. But its out of a JZA70 I guess if you didnt get the sub they still gave you the raised carpet instead. Must be a JZA70 thing...
Its not just a JZA-70 thing. All JDM and australian delivered Supras do not have the wood under the carpet.

Its not such a bad thing as the boot is then deeper, and you can fit an aftermarket sub next to the spare that still fits under the roof thanks to the extra depth afforded by lack of carpet ;)

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Its not just a JZA-70 thing. All JDM and australian delivered Supras do not have the wood under the carpet.

Its not such a bad thing as the boot is then deeper, and you can fit an aftermarket sub next to the spare that still fits under the roof thanks to the extra depth afforded by lack of carpet ;)
Well on that note... what he said:sarcasm:. Its def not an US thing. I forgot about the Australian market.

Kristian_Wraae

Authorized Seller
Just scored a subwoofer on Japanese Yahoo auctions. Looks a little rough but could turn out nice after a bit of cleaning.

What is included with the amp in terms of harness? How does it all connect? Is it plug an play with any MA70?

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
Ah

there was 2 for sale on the auctions and now there is one, good to see the other one went to someone on here

What size are the stock speakers in there? I think someone once replaced them with aftermarket subs?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
Authorized Seller
I do have the OEM Sub Amp, and both Harnesses for the OEM Sub I snatched out of my JZA70. I'll sell for the right price.
thats a strange amp...the one I have looks completely different (it is in a for sale thread (still) here).

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
Authorized Seller
Ah

there was 2 for sale on the auctions and now there is one, good to see the other one went to someone on here

What size are the stock speakers in there? I think someone once replaced them with aftermarket subs?
that was me. the size is 6.5", but due to the design of the box, some grinding of the sub mounting ring is required (does not influence the integrity of the sub whatsoever). I'm using 2 JL 6W0 subs.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Just scored a subwoofer on Japanese Yahoo auctions. Looks a little rough but could turn out nice after a bit of cleaning.

What is included with the amp in terms of harness? How does it all connect? Is it plug an play with any MA70?
Good job! thats kinda how I got mine.
There are a couple diff types of Amps, Sub amps, Harness, etc. If you look at my previous OEM amp thread I used a aftermarket amp, and just changed the wiring a little. I had to because I didn't have my MA70 at the time. It didnt have the Harness or amp for the sub. When I got my JZA70 it had the Amp, and all the harness in it. If you want to try the harness and amp I will sell it all for the right price. Its not going to be plug and play w/ an aftermarket radio though.

applesauce

<B>Banned Scammer</B>
Pretty:love:

Email me a pic of this 15 pin plug your talking about, so we can get your harness right.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
Authorized Seller
photo..jpg

Finally got the sub box and amp installed. Hatch floor is now completely flat, and the amp is contained in the spare tire well.

For the size of the woofers and box, the bass is quite surprising. From what I remember, the two 6.5" woofers hit nearly as hard as the two 10"s I had in there 5 years ago. It is head and shoulders above any factory subwoofers in todays cars.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
Authorized Seller
they were part of the 10 speaker package in 92 (beginning with cars produced 08/91)

I don't think there are many out there. I've now seen 4, 3 of which are in this thread.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I can't remember if I posted here, but I have a stock sub/amp setup wired to a newer alpine. ipod direct plug in and these subs are win.

edit: lmao, I'm second post.....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Authorized Seller
Contributor
are the woofers counted in the 10 speaker package, or are they considered seperate?

my 92 has 8 speakers (6.5 door speakers, tweeters, rear panels, and rear pods) were they a stand alone option?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
actually intresting looking.

shame that they use the space where a battery relocation would occur...... oh well.

Though I remember a system, polk C4, only reason I remember. I still own one. ;) i Bought this in.......crap 1994! I used it in the Supra. The ONLY piece I have left of my sound system.

It is 4 x 6x9 speaker with a pair in an isobaric configuration. The size is small but this hit hard. Set it up where the wooden plank portion next to the seat is, attach hinges to this sub, mount sub HARD (brakets and screw) into the sheet metal. Done!

Attachments

Kristian_Wraae

Authorized Seller
Just got another sub. It came with the stock five channel amp.

Got it from nengun.com

They wrapped appaulingly. In an old JVC ministereo box. It was soft and no real protection.

So of course it broke.

CIMG9661.jpg CIMG9662.jpg amp.jpg

The amp came with no wiring and the small plug is no longer available from Toyota.

Thank you very much!!!:: angry ::

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Anyone else with the Super Live sound system, at least the subwoofer boxes?