1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
info on your fender vents? brand? they make a difference?
yes they work well , maybe a little bigger will be better, the idea is to reduce the pressure on this area (a lot of pressure there) and let the hot air flow better to outside
remember i have flat floor.

CHARGESPEEDRACING is where i bought it.

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
ok guys , i wil change the thread title.
now will be 1100 kg track supra .

i been bussy designing and planing the new proyect .

well it have many different place where to fight , glasses, interior, supension, wiring ..... and engine.

i just replaced all windows also the doors windows pannels and lifters, i just flocked the dash and removed all whisch is not necesary there, removed all wiring and start to make a new light wiring as simple as possible , front aluminium uprights with shorter esteering arm and the last is the engine.
i removed the nice 2JZ vvti single turbo (230 kg) engine for a more lighter V8 2.9 RPS engine made by Powertec and distributed by Radical UK.
wy that engine? firts because is really nice and second the weight is 90 kg. It have 487 cv on NA mode and 10.000 rpm it is made with two Hayabusa engines in one.
just for some reason i decided to convert it to twin turbo, convert it to twin turbo make that proyect mutch more complicated.

the engine buy of our supras dont have much room for V8 engines and less if it is twin turbo.

i bought the engine from this guy, it is a special edition made by Radical UK with valves, conrods, head works, big valves....

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...jW9uqY&usg=AFQjCNEd_8AEi8CUe9purU1MTgbiLDFlRg

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
with the engine i bought it came also an empty engine to help with the attachment of it and building the exhaust .... so the red is an empty one and the black is the full engine.

20170521_121230.jpg 20170521_121222.jpg

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
rear differential will be 5.29:1 ratio
the engine in the end will be 2.7 cc wit a 10,5 Cr turbo pistons from MTC.
i will change the special camshaft to estandart ones from Gen2 hayabusa
I will do some mods into this engine to try to get better oil control.
ectr...
20170516_203222.jpg DSC3110_copy.jpg 20170516_173322.jpg 20170516_173327.jpg 20170516_194209.jpg 20170516_194213.jpg 20170516_203211.jpg 20170516_203217.jpg 14753311_10154100354141801_4762599742223393543_o.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
i only can show the progress by photos but still waiting for the last parts to really start to assembling all .
Ansu injectors 550 cc fitted and intake ready.
mirror polished crankshaft
moddified Gearbox and 5.29:1 rear diff ready

Attachments

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
new 4 new wheel bearings
new custom aluminium front Uprigths
adjustable aluminium rear traction bars.
door plexi glasses waiting to be ready by a company in UK .

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Well that explains everything!
I would be driving a GT3 RS if I had no kids :D
j/k
Probably just dumping more money into the supra like you are :p

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
like i comented before after got the to lower the weight to 1300 kg i want more and here is another part of the puzzle.
the door glasses is the most difficult thing to change for plexiglass but i found a company in UK who can build it and they look really FANTASTIC!!.

Attachments

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
https://youtu.be/jU6c0jW9uqY

Just this one is mine now . Totally rebuilded and moddified to hold two turbos and looking for more reliability.
The reason to put two turbos basicly is to have more torque to reduce the noise wit out silencers and because the exhaust is very complex on a NA configuration and no espace with the flat floor.
The extra weight of the turbos is nearly as same as the two rear exhaust systems with mufflers ectr...

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I guy in Florida www.customthrustbearings.com made me a set of 360° bearings , originally that engine use a 180° thrust bearings that is one of the mods i did on it.
I hope he is well after the hurricane Irma, he and the rest of people.

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
today arrived the present of my wife... a new longacre coners weight scales!!
i got the new weight of the Supra.
1150 kg with out fuel and with street tyres.
looks like it will be the limit for me at the moment, it can be lower with an aluminium cosworth rear diff , cutting the front of the engine bay, rear hatch in carbon,... but before i need to get the new engine running espectacular! and maybe only maybe i will start to think to lower the weight more.
soon i will post the photos of the scales screen

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
the swap is coming to be finished.
waiting to be mapped by the engine builders to start with the "new" chassis setup.
i will upload more photos soon

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
At first I was thinking, "WTF is going on in HERE???" then I realized... dude. Good job!

Seriously, this might be the most extreme Mk3 I've ever seen, and I've seen a LOT of cool stuff over the years. It's a good thing I'd not seen this build before I started mine, you sir, would have been a BAD influence haha. :)

josbeat

Authorized Seller
Contributor
At first I was thinking, "WTF is going on in HERE???" then I realized... dude. Good job!

Seriously, this might be the most extreme Mk3 I've ever seen, and I've seen a LOT of cool stuff over the years. It's a good thing I'd not seen this build before I started mine, you sir, would have been a BAD influence haha. :)
jajajaja yes! i know what you say.... another owner of a Supra whish started a track Supra years ago had a bad influence in mine !!

thanks!