1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
1300 Kg to 1100kg Track SUPRA project

Hello everybody!
I like to show my Spanish Supra

I am trying to get 1300 kg (2870 lb) on a race ready Supra (FIA homologated street legal) with all the safety parts included, because without the roll cage for example I am under that weight.

Like the part list is to big, if anybody want to know something, please live a question and i will try to answer as soon as I can.

I dont know the actual weight of the car because I am changing parts close to everyday! but 1 month ago it weigh 1350 kg with street wheels and stock w154 gearbox, I have a race wheels with are like a 20 kg less.

many years ago

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
new proyect
that is the electric stireeng pump

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

firs try on a closed track

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

that one is a photoshop picture with the race wheel I am waiting.
The tire size for race: front slick 265/660/18 on a 10" rim and rear slick 285/660/18 on a 11" rim
Road wheels are Rota wheels 8,5 and 9,5 with 245 and 285 R888 Toyos tyres

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Last edited:
Re: 1300 Kg Track SUPRA proyect

Wow thats a crazy build. Quaife transmission, wow my first ever on a supra. I bet that thing will last a few runs =)
Good luck on the build!

suprafredde

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Wow thats a crazy build. Quaife transmission, wow my first ever on a supra. I bet that thing will last a few runs =)
Good luck on the build!

suprafredde
I hope more than few runs jejeje
it is a QBE69G long endurance geabox rated at 750 Hp

spiller

Authorized Seller

awesome build mate! very inspiring. Just out of interest, does it actually weigh 1300kg or is this an estimate? What sort of motorsport/competition are you participating in? Also, I didnt realise that bolt-in roll cages could be FIA approved! keep up the good work, i'm sure there aren't many A70s in Spain, i certainly didnt see any Japanese cars at all last time I was there...

I would be interested to know what sort of brakes you are using on the front. I can see your rear brakes are still stock, what pads are you using back there?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

awesome build mate! very inspiring. Just out of interest, does it actually weigh 1300kg or is this an estimate? What sort of motorsport/competition are you participating in? Also, I didnt realise that bolt-in roll cages could be FIA approved! keep up the good work, i'm sure there aren't many A70s in Spain, i certainly didnt see any Japanese cars at all last time I was there...

I would be interested to know what sort of brakes you are using on the front. I can see your rear brakes are still stock, what pads are you using back there?
Thanks! Supra friends jeje

look Spiller, the weigh two month ago was 1350 kg exactly, with street wheels (730 F and 620 R)
I want to get 1300 kg with Track wheels

my front brakes are the firts14 " Big brake made by Precision Brake with 6 pots callipers
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/horsepower-freaks/1751-precision-big-brake-kit-group-buy.html

I am using Porterfield racing pads on front and R4 compound at the rears but just tomorrow I will fit a new rear Brakes from Arizona Performance with BP20 compound pads
before I was using Performancefritions pads but I prefer the portelfield ones.

About he roll cage , it is a Cusco one and really really it is not totally legal for FIA anexo J rules but for our old cars they look to another side jejeje , it is not conform for just one small detail but for the rest yes , so the give me the OK.

I will try to do all Time Attack I can plus some regionals small chronoed rallys and some closed tracks races, but only regionals not nationals, on some of those competitions I will be outside the prices because the engine is not conform with the rules (big turbo jejeje ) But just for funny.
I have a plane of take a trailer and moving arround some European tacks next year... will see if is possible jejeje

and yes we have also a Supra Forum here in Spanish and regulars meeting! jeje here we are many supra-adicteds jeje

look here the new rear brakes , it is with out hand brake so I am modifing the stock hand brake stick to use with and hydraulic pump inline to the rear brakes

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

I now how to get 1300 kg...... just buying a set of plexiglass from Japan (I found a companny there who have it , doors, corners and back one) but maybe at the end of the projet.

Last edited:

spiller

Authorized Seller

thanks for the info josbeat. I have the Arizona Performance Wilwod 4 pot kit at the front of my car (which is similar to your precision kit I guess but 13" rotors). I'm actually looking into some brake pads for the track at the moment and was looking at Performance Friction PFC-06. Which PF compound were you using in the front? Also how did the R4 in the stock rear match up with the bias? Are you using a proportioning valve? I'm not familiar with R4 brakes. sorry for all of the questions!

btw sounds awesome in that video!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

the R4 is a Portelfield R4 race compound and they have for stock Supra rear callipers

yes i have a wilwood proportioning valve for the rear but with my 14" 6 pots i have it setted at full power at the back jejeje like no bias.

the Portelfield front compound now i am using is the R11 full race compound

before if i remember well was the Performance Frictions 01? compound , i will check but was the full race they had 5 years ago
believe me the best allways is the full race compound because they will brake well on public road (cold) and on a closed track (very hot, same! but it have two problem.... the dust and the rotors wear.

also I had before a bigger master pump , the stock one is 25 mm and I changed it for 30 mm one totally plug and play. now I am using a pedal box with independent pumps.
regards

Last edited:

spiller

Authorized Seller

thanks pal, I will have a look on porterfields website. Your full bias in the rear would have been interesting in the wet! lol

BlackDevilSupra

Authorized Seller

Magnificently put together car, built up for a single purpose; racing. Just about what you can expect from a car that's personally financed with just about the "perfect" parts. Congrats guys....

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor

today I just changed the rear brakes
the new kit is 10 kg ( 22 pound) lighter than the old one!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

thanks pal, I will have a look on porterfields website. Your full bias in the rear would have been interesting in the wet! lol
uhmm not really... because the front ones are big big so the rear are very small compared.
before lock the rear the front have the tyre destroyed jejeje

on a brake dyno with the brakes cold they give dose values : front 440 rear 280 dont ask me if is NM or Kg or Lbr I only know that the normal cars (BMW Mercedes cherokys... ) have arround 350 at the front and arround 220 at the rears

spiller

Authorized Seller
neat instal on the hydraulic handbrake. are you using the car for drift as well or is the handbrake just for street use? kudos if you drive this thing on the street :evil2:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
dont forget, it is a Rally Homologation so I can install all the parts used on a Rally competition cars....and yes it is to have a hand brake on a public roads jejeje (not the most recomended, but also with a gear...)
on a public street it is an scandalous! jejeje the people stops only to see the car jejeje

at the moment dont like the drift style really i like to beat the lap time or take that corner at the double of the speed.

I will be honest with you spiller, really really drive a radical car on a public strett it is not the most exciting moment but I am a supra adicted , I need to drive it everyday or if not I turn anxious jejejeje its truth!

thanks sunnysupra

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
no idea if I can put a video here....

last track day
with engine problems, maximun revs with out missfiring 4000 rev and max boost with out missfiring 10 psi

on the video I just overtaken the 4 car behind me and overtaking the blue one and going to catch the others jeje

full HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDOcrN44c

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
set of track wheels are 18x10" front and 18x11" rear I have the fenders touched
the ETs is 65 front plus a 25 mm adapter 63 rear wit 25+3 mm adapter and spacer (spacer-adapter to Porsche wheels) the 3mm is optional. I got those 3mm with the rear brakes from A.P.B.
wy plus 3 mm? to eliminate the 5 mm difference between the front and rear track, for all who don t know that the front track is 5 wider than the rear supra track on our Mk3s

regards

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
black wheels with semi slicks R888 testing the engine

Shot at 2011-06-19

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

but with the wite wheel.....

Shot at 2011-06-19

Van

87t Hardtop
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Subscribed

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I noticed the Supra got loose on the off-camber turn into the back straight. What caused that? My guess: Not enough angle on the wing; too stiff on the rear bar; cool tires; too early on the throttle? Van

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hi! Van
I havent notice or remember that slice from the back on that corner but I have a problem with the body roll
but maybe I was pushing to mutch with cold tyres, like you can see I just pass the black honda and going to catch the other white honda jeje

after that day and looking the tyres , they looks like they never take a good temperature due an incorrect tyre pressure.

about the rear wing , i tried some different positions and on a fast corners it may be set on a lower possition (cause understeers) but in the future I will try some front cannards and biger lip to get more grip at the front to use a medium position rear wing and see what happens.

TobyCat

Authorized Seller
If I had room for a 2nd supra, I'd love to build up a track car. Nice work man! That thing runs/looks awesome.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I will make a separated thread with the geabox
most probably this week end
but I dont know in what section??

disturbed1

Authorized Seller
awesome car mate...

very jealous of your gearbox.

noticed in your pics you have a woodward steerign column... i just pickec up a 30" one off ebay but wont have it for abother 2 weeks. What length is yours?

as for 1300 kilos, not sure what your category permits but should be able to get alot lighter (im aiming for 1100 kilos)

also - how wide is your rear wing? theres a 1630mm wid fabcar one forsale but dont quiet think its wide enough :(. yours looks pretty good

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
with the ultimates mods the weight low very close to 1300 kg
for example it weight 15 kg less with the new rear brake system , removing the hand brake also and at the front i removed and changed some heavyest souports with others in aluminium plus the diference with the race wheels (4 kg each!!!)
so 4x4 =16+15+somenthing like 6 or 7 Kg =less 36 kg but also I changed the gearbox and clutch (Spec double with custom alu flywheel) and the driveshaft is now in carbon fibre so after see if the new gearbox is hevyest or lightest than the r154 I hope to be lowered the overal weight till close to the 1300 kg.

on a papers the gearbox is 35 kg but no sure because when I was fitting it on the car .... not sure hehe

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
awesome car mate...

very jealous of your gearbox.

noticed in your pics you have a woodward steerign column... i just pickec up a 30" one off ebay but wont have it for abother 2 weeks. What length is yours?

as for 1300 kilos, not sure what your category permits but should be able to get alot lighter (im aiming for 1100 kilos)

also - how wide is your rear wing? theres a 1630mm wid fabcar one forsale but dont quiet think its wide enough :(. yours looks pretty good
Thanks
yes the gearbox is a fantastic unit
look the video inboard (video section)
but it is noissy, they have an options with helico gears but the ratios wasnt good for my.
soon a thread of how I fitted it with the 7MGTE but I am waiting for the moderators hehehe

the rear wing is 63" (1630 mm) the supra is 1740 mm wide I love it how it looks and how it work
it work very well at hig speed at the lower position , lower drag and well overal with the bomex front, on a slow track I adjust it at the midle position and a little lowed at the front
my category is free mods jeje

1100 kg!!!!!!!!!!! uff i think it is very dificult on a caged supra
theBastos supra claim 1200 kg like Lorddigital saed
but with a small engine ike one from Sierra cosworth and plexy glass plus carbon all arround plus mag wheels , without front lights, small batery plus full alu coilovers and maybe we can get 1200 kg but 1100!!!! look dificult.

yes woodward ,nice nice, they have a distributor in Europe hehe nice guys also.
mine is ...uff I dont remember , let me see, in other forum I have a thread about how to fit it in a supra mk3 i will try to fid it.
yes! the 20-3/4 plus the SL17 plus the QRNA-2 plus the SBC-1 plus an steering wheel adapter 3 to 6 bolts plus a 85 mm dipped steering wheel
I have mine boltted with the standar front dashboard bar just where the stock toyota columm is attached with two braquets
I have pictures of it if you like to see how I have mine atached fully adjustable.

disturbed1

Authorized Seller
Thanks
yes the gearbox is a fantastic unit
look the video inboard (video section)
but it is noissy, they have an options with helico gears but the ratios wasnt good for my.
soon a thread of how I fitted it with the 7MGTE but I am waiting for the moderators hehehe

the rear wing is 63" (1630 mm) the supra is 1740 mm wide I love it how it looks and how it work
it work very well at hig speed at the lower position , lower drag and well overal with the bomex front, on a slow track I adjust it at the midle position and a little lowed at the front
my category is free mods jeje

1100 kg!!!!!!!!!!! uff i think it is very dificult on a caged supra
theBastos supra claim 1200 kg like Lorddigital saed
but with a small engine ike one from Sierra cosworth and plexy glass plus carbon all arround plus mag wheels , without front lights, small batery plus full alu coilovers and maybe we can get 1200 kg but 1100!!!! look dificult.

yes woodward ,nice nice, they have a distributor in Europe hehe nice guys also.
mine is ...uff I dont remember , let me see, in other forum I have a thread about how to fit it in a supra mk3 i will try to fid it.
yes! the 20-3/4 plus the SL17 plus the QRNA-2 plus the SBC-1 plus an steering wheel adapter 3 to 6 bolts plus a 85 mm dipped steering wheel
I have mine boltted with the standar front dashboard bar just where the stock toyota columm is attached with two braquets
I have pictures of it if you like to see how I have mine atached fully adjustable.

hmm did tell this bloke his 63" wing was too small. may have to reconsider!

i have a tremec tko-500 in my street car and i rekon its prob just as noisy as your straight cut box - atleast yours has a cool elemet to it haha

as for 1100 kilo, my supra tipped the scales at 1180 withoiut a cage and light rims on it. then jumped up to 1240 with the addition of heavier 3 piece rims, 6 point bolt in cage and few other bits and pieces.

heres a list of the mods since installed/need to be fitted up... a heavier cage (+15 kilos), woodwarde column (-5), 7m motor swapped out for 1jz (no idea about difference there - guessperhaps -10kg gt30 lighter then a trust t78), fiberglass doors with lexan windows (-50), lightweight rims (-10), pedal box( prob no diff), frotn jic arms (+5), wing (+5), aluminium body coiloverswith lighteight springs, previously had tein has (-10), fiberglass bonnet deletign headlights (-15), carbon tailshaft if i ever have enough cash to burn (-10), full spool to replace my welded diff (-10), arc hollow swaybars (-8) and im sure a few more minor things which involve n angle grinder

all up a reduction in 100 kilos from the 1240 state taking me well into the 11XXs. rekon it will be a strugle to get it much lighter. fiberglass hatch with lexan prob a surefire weight to drop another 30 kilos but prob not something i will do. would light to fit a manual rack to the car though!

Last edited:

spiller

Authorized Seller
APR performance in the states do a really nice wing for the jza80 which is 67" (1701mm) wide which I think would suit nicely. I'm sure it could be mated to the A70 with minimal work, otherwise they also do a universal wing in the same width. 1500 USD though but looks like absolute quality.
http://aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=44

What are the advantages of the woodwarde steering column otter than the weight savings? Does it sharpen up the steering at all? Really hate the vagueness of the stock steering rack.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
63" is big.... my firt idea was the 57" and I think it is the ideal , with the 63" some times it looks bigger than the car but I will not change it
I was looking those wings before Spiller but they have to mutch drag so the idea is a simple wing with low drag and good downforce
1 year ago , the firts photos

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
really it have some avantages , with the woodward you must to have it with buquets because with it the steering wheel can be set at the midle of the seat perfectly, other is the weight and other the safety .... ahh and other is , removing the steering wheel is more easy to go inside and outside hehe