12v auxiliary fuse block install

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
I did a quick search and didn't see much, so I'll run through it quickly and hope to get some feedback.

I've got two AEM gauges, the UEGO and a TruBoost controller that I'll soon be installing. In order to supply both with 5A fused power, I've purchased a small fuse block, a standard Bosch 5 pin relay, and a small bus bar in case I want to clean up the grounds. My thinking is to mount this fuse block close to the battery and then run primary wire into the cabin and to the gauges (might go ahead and run four wires while I'm fishing everything and just leave some circuits open til I need more 12v power. Then, install the relay to switch this block on at the IG2/ON-ST key position. At this point I can either ground the gauges to the body in the cabin or I was thinking of adding the bus bar in the engine bay and tying that to the engine manifold ground. My thinking is this will get clean, switched 5A fused power to the gauges and I'll have a few circuits already run for the SAFC and whatever else I decide is necessary.

My two questions are:
Is this overkill with the fuse block and should I just tap into something switched 12v behind the dash?
Can I use the B-O +B wire to the igniter for my 12v relay signal? Is there an easier/better 12v signal in the engine bay with the key in the ON position?

Supramikect

Authorized Seller
Definitely Overkill. Grab your 12v + from the 7.5 amp Gauge fuse. It's always a small gauge #18 or 20 Yellow wire. It's available under the dash at many places. Easiest place is at the connector plug for rear window defog switch. It's the thin gauge yellow wire 3rd over on the 5 space connector. Gauge yellow wire is also available at J/B #3 under dash left (drivers) side, at the climate control panel connector, at the white 12 space "A" connector to dash cluster printed circuit.

Reactions: Clip

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Got the gauges wired up, stole power from the IGN fuse at J/B3. Ended up using the fuse block mounted in the trunk to feed power to the fuel pump.