1200hp 7M-GTE dyno video

Krister

Holset lover
Authorized Seller
Hey,

Thought you guys might be interested of my friends 7M engine dyno. :)

1201hp / 810 ft.lbs @ 38psi

7M-GTE
8.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods (yes, they are on the edge)
HKS Stopper gasket
ACL bearings
Ported head + custom cams
80mm Holset turbo
Custom made manifolds
E85

[video=youtube;yB0vznfnJtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0vznfnJtI[/video]

The oil from the catch can is being sorted, better crank case ventilation is being built.

Dyno sheets:

We also have a 1166hp twin 60mm turbo (the second turbo is bottom mount so you cant see it from that angle) 7M-GTE here in Finland :) Dynovid here:

[video=youtube;oucEYwgo0Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oucEYwgo0Wk[/video]

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles

Authorized Seller
I'll be interested to see what the final numbers are bolted in the car on an actual dyno. Engine dyno numbers are incredibly inaccurate, all you know for sure is that it makes a lot.

MkIII FTW

Authorized Seller
Well in any case, the level of power they've been able to achieve in very impressive. I dont care what engine you have 1200hp is nothing to scoff at. I do agree with Bojangles though, it will be exciting to see what kind of power it makes once they are in cars. I'm expecting good things.

7M4EVR

Authorized Seller
Do you even go anywhere at that power level in an mk3 or do u just sit in one spot until your tires melt into the ground? Lol its either that or you just time travel one of the two??

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Do you even go anywhere at that power level in an mk3 or do u just sit in one spot until your tires melt into the ground? Lol its either that or you just time travel one of the two??
That much power in pretty much any Supra chassis is going to take an awfully sticky tire to get things motivated, at least from a stand still.

And to the OP, I was kinda hoping that you were gonna say one of those motors was going in one of your MkIV's. Just because. :)

maxburn

Authorized Seller
A 7m in an Mk4 would get so much hate even if it was 1000+ hp but it would be funny for the same reason haha

gsxr141

Authorized Seller
reviving an old thread........
i'm looking for some info on the idler pulley setup for the alternator in the pics.. i'd love to hear from the op.

87supramario

Authorized Seller
I'm wondering if he got the new crank ventilation design sorted out. It's great to see a MK3 go 350km/h, as they are great for high speed applications.