Code 52 after rewire

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I just rewired the Knock Sensor following all of the instructions on the sogi website. I still get the code 52. I have a 90 N/a so there is only one KS which is right under the intake manifold. Is there something else that could be wrong...such as the sensor itself is bad and not just the connector?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Supramatt90 said:
I just rewired the Knock Sensor following all of the instructions on the sogi website. I still get the code 52. I have a 90 N/a so there is only one KS which is right under the intake manifold. Is there something else that could be wrong...such as the sensor itself is bad and not just the connector?

yes, code 52 is either shorted wires, or a bad knock sensor. either you didnt do it correctly, the connector is bad, (easy to replace anyway), or the KS is dead.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
trust me, you dont want a new one. the dealership will absolutely rape you for just one. get a known good used one.

PM lagged, as i know he has a few to sell.

-shaeff

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I just installed a new ks sensor and I still get the signal. Now before I put the new one in, it would start to miss after about 5 minutes and I couldn't drive it. Now with the new one it doesn't seem to miss at all but I am still getting the code. I know the rewire was good and the sensor is good...What's goin on here?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Supramatt90 said:
I just installed a new ks sensor and I still get the signal. Now before I put the new one in, it would start to miss after about 5 minutes and I couldn't drive it. Now with the new one it doesn't seem to miss at all but I am still getting the code. I know the rewire was good and the sensor is good...What's goin on here?

double check all your connections/ joints. did you use a new connector? or did you reuse the old one?

-shaeff

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
im not sure if its hard to connect the KS on a NA, but i had trouble getting my rear connector all the way on. Once i made sure it was tight i was all set.

~scott

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
scottiedawg66 said:
im not sure if its hard to connect the KS on a NA, but i had trouble getting my rear connector all the way on. Once i made sure it was tight i was all set.

~scott

the KS on an N/A is right in the middle of the block, it couldnt be easier!

-shaeff