DSM gets owned to the highest degree of ownedness

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5312256&an=0&page=0

a little back story. this is a race car campaigned by a DSM shop that i used to be close with. They are Showdown Motorsports and are primarily DSM guys. but they will do honda swaps and misc paint and body as well as electronics and shit. their quality of work is subpar though. I had them do body and paint on my dads 86 Trans am. they sanded it down to metal and started to fill some of the minor dimples on the body. then they moved it outside and let it sit for about a month.... uncovered and unlocked. durng this time, the car developed surface rust and someone jacked my nice tail lights out of it. never saw hide nor hair of the tail lights or reparations and still had to pay for the work they put into it, even though it all had to be redone. this is just MY experience and i was friends w/ the owner, his wife and his son... imagine what kinda work Non-friends get.

i cant say i feel bad for this happening to them. this is God's way of getting back at them for all the bad shit they have done in the past.

the guy that owns the shop, hes the one not n the fire suit standing on the trackside of the fence. his wife is the slut with the auburn hair. Bill, the owner, used to own a boat speed shop. at some point, he was being audited by the IRS or something of that nature. but, soon after that, his marina mysteriously burnt down and Bill got an insurance settlment. then he opened up a buy here-pay here car lot and worked w/ DSM's alot, which is when i met him; i was going to buy a 1G AWD from him. then shortly after that, he closed the car lot and opened Showdown. lots of shadyness going on.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
well after reading what u posted im guessing its going to be another insurance claim.
i really hate people who are shady fuckin pisses me off cause they dont have the balls to stand up to their own damn problems.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah, its pretty gay really.

i just talked to one of my friends who still lives in toledo. he said he was at the track and was cheering. he has a sick nasty Starion w/ an Aussi MPI setup and SDS efi and a GT37R. he was building a motor for his car at their shop, and somehow a bunch of sand found its way inside his motor.

im sure its mean, but im glad this happend. they got what they had coming to them.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
flubyux2 said:
yeah, its pretty gay really.

i just talked to one of my friends who still lives in toledo. he said he was at the track and was cheering. he has a sick nasty Starion w/ an Aussi MPI setup and SDS efi and a GT37R. he was building a motor for his car at their shop, and somehow a bunch of sand found its way inside his motor.

im sure its mean, but im glad this happend. they got what they had coming to them.

WTF sand in the motor, thats bullshit fuck that guy now.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
nitrous doesnt cause fires it will explode but not sit there and burn i say the fuel line busted or came off, or was severd somewhere and it hit somewhere hot enough to egnite it and bam bonfire.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
D34DC311 said:
nitrous doesnt cause fires it will explode but not sit there and burn i say the fuel line busted or came off, or was severd somewhere and it hit somewhere hot enough to egnite it and bam bonfire.

Yes, that was definitely a gas fire...hot and burns forever....Nitrous tends to get explosive when stirred up due to excess heat and/or spark.

So, anyone know why it went up like a roman candle? I didn't bother reading the other thread

rogergoochman

Mar 31, 2005
Toledo Ohio
i'm good friends with the driver one of the brackets on the fuel rail came undone which then caused an injector to shoot fuel everywhere. Thats what started the fire then there was a nitrous backfire but the fuel started it. I was at the shop yesterday and looking at the car its terrible but the turbo,manifold, fmic are still good. The nitrous bottle is melted to the trunk and the rims are melted too

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
2 thinks missing!

Marshmallows and a Stick!

The burning trail on the ground looked more like burning oil than gas (gas spreads over a bigger area) so my guess was it vented the block and splashed oil onto the turbo or manifold! (Ain't putting that out with a handheld extinguisher)

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lol where the hell was the fire department when that first leak of gas/oil spilled out and was on fire, the fire department should have been there while they where racing.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I can't stand crooked mechanics! When I brought the supra out of storage (right at the beginning when I literally knew nothing,) I sent it to this friend of the family mechanic asking him to check if I should rebuild. His answer (following 2,000 in repairs) was no, the engine is fine. One week later.... Head gasket goes and a cylinder punches a nice big dent in my block. Then it costs us like some rediculous sum (my dad never told me exactly as he figured a busted graduation present was a bad idea) for the mechanic to send it to a shop bore it, resleeve it and get larger pistons in. To this day I have no idea what has been done to the inside of my engine... One day this summer I will ahve to open her up and see what is inside :p.

Bad side: my dad and I lost a tonne of money.
Up Side: I learned about cars and am now in love with the supra!

B

Boostaddctn

D34DC311 said:

Eh... nitrous is implosive... I have 2 full 10lb bottles of nitrous in my garage and I can open em and put a match to it and nothing will happen... it is most likly a fuel line came loose or was leaking and hit a manifold or something that caused it to catch on fire... and those that HAVE BEEN TO A DRAG STRIP knows there ain't no fire truck there, only EMT personels... aight peace :chicken:

rogergoochman

Mar 31, 2005
Toledo Ohio
rogergoochman said:
i'm good friends with the driver one of the brackets on the fuel rail came undone which then caused an injector to shoot fuel everywhere. Thats what started the fire then there was a nitrous backfire but the fuel started it.
so everyone stops guesing i already posted the cause

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
roger, thats what my friend kevin (starion ESi-R GT47+sand) was telling me. he said it was a nitrous backfire that blew the rail out of the head and then started the fire.

Karma is a motha fucka... it comes back around. i was friends with bill, rene and brad. i still like brad, he never did anything shady to me or tried to scam me. its just bill and rene. they were always polite to me as my dad's TA was sitting out back, not being worked on, rusting away w/o paint and the tail lights being stolen out of it because they never locked it up. bill still owes me tail lights, but ill never see hide nor hair of them... so its a write-off at this point. another local body shop i met thru my friends at Defcon finished up the TA and corrected all the rust and shitty body filler that showdown put on the car. too bad i still had to pay Slowdown a G-note to get the car back... my dad didnt give a shit at that point, he just wanted the car out of there and FINISHED.

what was funny was all the douche bags from Toledo Tuners got jobs working at SLowdown and the 3 original guys; brian, brent and hazard, quit because they got screwed over somehow. actually, hazard was put in the middle of some BS scandal w/ bill's daughter and bill said he was going to shoot him. oh well... what can ya do

rogergoochman

Mar 31, 2005
Toledo Ohio
yeah im friends with brad and always stop in the shop but have never done buisness with them because ive seen the work. but im glad that brads ok cause he has alot of potential.