had a starting problem

88tsupra

yesterday i was at tea time getting some drinks and was letting the car cool down for about 30 minutes. when i go back at start the car it wouldnt start. the cd player and all the lights still worked fine so i didnt think there was a problem with the batterie. the only thing i heard was a clicking sound comming from the glove box area. after trying to start it for about 10 minutes it finally starts. do you guys have any clue why the car wouldnt start?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
HOLY CRAP i know exactly what your talking about. thats been happening to me for the past two days. if its a constant clicking its cus you got low power. wut happened w/ me was i was in garage after oil change got back in and got the abs light, check engine, and all the little lights you get when you turn it to on. well when i turned the key to start it just got nothing just this click, like when your anti theft shit goes off. i took key out back in, then tryed it and nothing just one click. so i waited and tryed again and then i got it running.
bad starter?
low current?
i fucked shit up when i did foglight rewire though extremely doubtfull?
also can timing, crappy CSI, or TPS have something to do w/ it?

88tsupra

well when it happened to me i thought it might be the starter or im low on power, so i popped the hood at tried starting the car. i didnt hear anything from the bay (usually if low on power or starter is going bad you will hear a click from the starter). so i go back in the car and try and start it and hear a click comming from the ECU area, so i rip out the panel under the glovebox and start banging anything i can find. after that i waited like 2minutes then it started. i was like wtf :squint: