Camaro lip on 89+ front bumper?

Acroth

Bodykit Connoisseur
Mar 31, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
www.cardomain.com
wow, i just found this and think it looks clean as hell, dude just registered on cardomain today so i'm not sure if any of you have seen it yet or if he posted up on any of these forums, but those who haven't seen it, i think it looks pretty damn cool for something that was meant for a different car altogether..... at least a decent alternative to some of the lips out there:

and before you critique... just forget that it's meant for a camaro... get over it and critique on how it looks... i personally think it looks very clean and mean...

823395_6_full.jpg

823395_1_full.jpg

this is the cardomain site with a few more pics and info if anyone is interested: http://www.cardomain.com/id/driftman23

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I'd pick out the missing fog light and the "v"s cut in the bumper cover (and the wrong font on the windshield logo) WAY before I'd pick on that lip.

I say good for him for trying something new and going against those of us with a large lack of imagination. My only beef with that lip is the fact that if he lowers the Supra down from baja racer levels he will scrape that lip on a flat road.

You do have to admit that it is really spooky that the lip would mount up that cleanly when a Camaro looks like it is so much larger than the Supra.

L

lanky189

add side skirts..and it'll be nice.

lowered..i imagine you'd hafta trim it up..perhaps it would fit better then..loosing the center top section that rolls backwards to where the front air intake section of a camaro is.. also..what about trimming the front opening so that it lines up with the rolled back section...thats just more air for the IC to eat.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
eh whats so good about that? IMO it just looks like a boring piece of plastic tied to the car. it dosnt even flow or line up with the rest of the bumper.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
I wonder what that lip is made of? Urethane or fiberglass? I was just talking about the lack of urethane front lips for our cars with a buddy of mine... hmm. This certainly deserves a closer inspection ;)

Personally, I think it would blend in good with Bomex sides. Great find.

Last edited:

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
zeroOne said:
it looks ok, just fix the indent between the bumper and the lip so it's flush with the bumber it'd look pretty good.
I agree with that.

I cant believe how well it fits though!!!! I thought that Camaros were wider. My neighbor has a Z28 & his car seems so much wider than mine!?!

Slightly off topic
I just read a thread in SF a week or two ago stating that you can put on an 89-92 lip on an 86-88 bumper. It made me wonder if the 89-92 bumper I will be getting will work my my current 88 lip. Just wanted to say that it is amazing to find how interchangable all these lips seem to be.

Acroth

Bodykit Connoisseur
Mar 31, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
www.cardomain.com
i believe the camaro lip is Urethane, and a couple people on SF suggested that trimming the lip to 1/2 height would work to remove the rolled back portion and make it so the car could be lowered without dissasterous results... another idea was to make the lip fit partially OVER the bumper instead of under it, that way the rolled back portion could be worked into the lower section of the bumper somehow... :p

and i just got a message from the guy who said:

"Well the thing about the camero lip is that you have too cut down the middle too make it fit then you have too bondo it or mold it with somethin then paint it"

so i guess it isn't a direct fit, but still interesting that he made it work...

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i dont think it looks all that bad really. wouldnt rush out and do it to my car but still doesnt look too bad