Max power on 550's

Travisimo

I need a job
Apr 9, 2005
Sonoma, California
The goal for my car is 450whp. I have most of it planned out now except for the fuel system. I'm was planning on getting the lexus AFM and 550's but I don't know if those will flow enough. I'll already be getting some piggyback, most likely an e-manage, so tuning is available. What fuel system do you think I should run? Including, pump, reg, fuel pressure and injectors. Should I replace the fuel rail? I could figure this out but I'd rather ask someone with experience who knows the weaknesses of the stock system. I know I could boost the pressure up and make the 550s work but this is my only car and truly a daily driver. I don't want to blow anything. I'd rather spend some extra cash than do this twice.

garrettrowe

The stock rail is fine. Get one of the adjustable fpr & dampner removal line kits, and a walbro pump and you'll be fine. 550's would be ok for 450, go bigger if you want more insurance. You might run into tuning problems with bigger injectors if you run the lexus afm - adjusting the fuel will shift the timing on the stock ecu. Also idle may suffer.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
John Lunsford is running 435rwhp on 440's
Alan Jordan is running 505rwhp on 550's
I would think you would be just getting the 550's comfortable at 450