Brakes keep squealing

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
Okay, i bought the rear brake & rotors from autozone to replace my old and busted one last month.

Eversince i install it, it's been making these squealing noises. For the entire month, i've taking my brakes apart so many times trying to figure out what's wrong.

At first, the noises were minimal and bareable. Now, everytime i use the brake, it's just embarrassing.

It doesn't make any noise if i push the brake down hard. It's just if i use it lightly as if to slow down for a red light, it just squeal like crazy.

Now i've taken my front & rear brakes apart so many times trying to clean it, grease it, & check for damages. But it's still doing it! arrrr...

help? Could it be the brake pads itself? i noticed that on one of the pad, half of it is not the same color as the other half.

Crashmaxx

$7k in just the motor
Apr 4, 2005
Lusby, MD
Can you explain squid? I am having the same problem with my impreza. Got new rear rotors and pads from autozone, and they squeal a lot. For me it is like when I have no brake and am driving down the road and it squeaks rhythmically. Like squeak, squeak, squeak. Not that loud but very annoying. Tried cleaning but no good. Now I am out of ideas.

PS: I know its not a supra, but the supra has no motor in it so I can't have brake trouble with it, and it is the same kind of setup with the impreza. Disc brakes on all four, just like a supra.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
welll if the shims are missing the pads can vibrate and that can cause squealing...YOUR problem sounds like you have a high/low spot on your rotor.....might just need to be resurfaced.

1987supraomega

Stupid hurts
Apr 11, 2005
Elroy, WI
www.cardomain.com
Could also be loose shims nowadays the have those stupid sticky type shims that don't stick so they become loose and vibrate. You should be able to pick up an anti squeal silicone from any autostore and put it between the shim and the pad.