Difference in Supras

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I know this is a MK3 site; don't get mad I have a nice '88' Turbo in the garage. Anyway my question is whats the difference between a "SE hatch"N/A and regular N/A hatch in the 95 MK4 models. On KBB the "SE" was a few hundred cheaper??? I'm asking because I might be getting the SE model.......of course for a good deal......Yes I'm going to throw a Turbo in. Any suggestions does this model have what I need to throw the Turbo in...LSD, etc..... I'd like to put in a Turbo 2jz w/6spd. I know that will cost me my left nut but hey gotta start somewhere. I know putting a 7MGTE in a N/A MK3 isn't that difficult what about the MK4s(2jz that is)??? The car is a hard top so I guess that will help me on the weight side. Any help would be great thanks, Tejon

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
a SE mkiv is basically a mk4 in its cheapest form.. SE stands for sucky edition basically...

it had NO options and is the least valuable and wanted mk4....

byt the time you buy a SE and do a TT swap you could have bought a much nice TT to begin with

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I'm trying to work out a trade. The MK4 for my tricked out Hayabusa(motorcycle). My bike is my baby but I don't realy see another way to aquire a MK4. Money doesn't realy grow around on trees where I live. Thanks for the info. Less crap though lighter right??? Thanks

superiorsupra

Apr 1, 2005
ceres
I believe the SE (sorry edition) models were only made in 95 due to the fact that the sales of the MK4 supra were going downward and toyota needed to lower the price on them. So to combat the poor sales what they did was created this model, which is basically a N/A stripped of all the options. No LSD, No turbo model, No sports roof, basically the lowest and least desirable of the MK4s, I wouldn't buy it because it doesn't hold value like a true twin turbo 6spd supra. Just save your money for a real TT mk4. Just my two cents though.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Thanks but he guy is pretty stern on $15,500 and no trades he called my Busa a Coffin on 2 wheels :icon_twis . He said he didn't need anything that fast. I told him I've only gone 210mph on it. Thats not that fast is it???