550's rebuilt stock cores?

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
has anyone tried that? i have offer of some guy selling rebuilt stock cores to 550s. he had it flow tested and cleaned he'll be sending along wit it. is it worth the money or should ij ust get some RC? also how hard is it to replace the stock injectors with RC ones? is it just soldering the clips?

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Be very careful, last time i checked unless the technology has changed you would be very hard pressed to upsize 440's to 550's the cost out wieghs the exercise.
William 89T

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
yea i kinda of doubted it but i posted in the wanted section looking for some 550s. he said he has set of rebuilt stock cores to 550s...had it flow tested and cleaned and came with the charts...so i ono...thinking of picking them up since its direct drop in but im ight just save up and go for some rc ones.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Im having it done to a set of injectors right now. Who knows what will happen... But i will love to prove you guys wrong.

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
ckanderson.....let me know how it works out...where u getting it done? the guy is willing to sell it for 220? just wasn't sure was it worth it.

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
I am having a set done as well, but to 680's... the guy is about 4 hours away from me... So if they dont work out I will be driveing there to meet him, and we will have a nice "chat"

I know one of the Mods on SF has a set... he seem to be happy with them.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I had my set of 550cc rx7 turboII injectors cleaned and flow tested by Cruzin Performance. http://www.cruzinperformance.com/injsteps.html He was very sure that our type of injectors are NOT able to be increased in flow. Other then changing the inlet screens, o-rings, pintle caps, and a good cleaning, the injectors are press fit and not able to be disassembled. Python Injection is one of my regular customers at work and they said the same thing. I checked into this before I got my injectors. The valve in the injector is very precise and increasing the flow would not be easy. If the units on ebay are factory remanufactured then they were probably defective 550cc units to begin with. Mabye someone like rc who manufactures injectors could adjust their own injectors flow rate but i'm not sure.

Last edited:

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Venom sells stock cores that are 580cc.... they are in my motor right now. I have been using these for about three years, after I bought them from BlackdevilSupra (Howard). He bought them new from Venom.