7mge rwhp numbers

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
anyone ever dyno a stock 7mge or a 7mge with a header, exhaust, cams and intake?

did a search and didn't find anything.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
DEFIANT 7M said:
There may be a few guys out there that have. The range may be 150-170 rwhp.
the motor your building will beNA i asume going by the 15:1 cr, how much power do you think that will make and how much is it going to cost? also, why not just turbo it? I myself dont want a turbo motor but your setup for NA sounds really high strung for a street motor. What will you be using it for?

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Defiant isn't turboing it because of his big head! ;)
His goals used to be 300 NA hp, then a massive shot of N2O to get 500-600 out of the bastard.
I think we all think he's crazy, but hey the more we say he should be boosting that motor, the more power he's going to find N/A...
Hey Defiant, You can't do that!!!
Good luck with that burley bastard, when is it going to be ready?
-Jake

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
IHI-RHC7 said:
Defiant isn't turboing it because of his big head! ;)
His goals used to be 300 NA hp, then a massive shot of N2O to get 500-600 out of the bastard.
I think we all think he's crazy, but hey the more we say he should be boosting that motor, the more power he's going to find N/A...
Hey Defiant, You can't do that!!!
Good luck with that burley bastard, when is it going to be ready?
-Jake
LOL you got me :yelrotflm We are close to being ready. I don't want to say a time and jinx myself.. What I can't do what!!! Sure I can spray a 200 shot on top of 15:1 cr :crazy1:

Toycoma: It is a N/A engine. The power should be on par with a LS1 (stock), without the nitrous. The cost lets say I haven't spent 10K yet...Also I wanted something different, everybody has a turbo. It's almost cookie cutter predictable. No offense guys.. It may be high strung but this is not my daily grind rig.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
but which ls1 ;) i too dont want a turbo motor but i also dont plan on making more then 225 hp at the crank if i ever build an NA unless it has ITBs. If a 3sge with ITBs can make 270 hp NA and is only 2 liters then a 7m should be able to do the same or close to it but with more torque. I guess it would be hard to make more then 225hp though for less then 1,000 dollars. I just want something thats going to be more reliable then stock (although i do have 190k on the stock head gasket) and rev to about 7,000 rpms. think thats do able for 1000?

my list of mods would be
heavier valve springs
decked head
cams ?
headers
maybe ported or extrude honed intake plenum.
i just don't know how much all the machine work would cost.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
IJ. said:
My tuner does a range of ITB's only thing needed would be a new flange on the lower intake manifold to bolt them to if ya really wanted ITB's.
yeah, just cut the stock lower manifold then mill it so its smooth and even and have it tapped for bolts to hold the ITBs on it. A spacer might be need to match the ports though, depends on the shape of the intake runners ports compaired to the ITBs. and you would need a nice stand alone. I hear you can get those for around 600 used. so you are looking at around maybe 2000 to do ITBs. maybe more, maybe less if you got some hook ups. I dont even think i have room in my car to do it though.

Last edited:

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
lowest ive heard was 187, but that was a 130+K mile motor, id say 190-210. 210 is pushing it but ive seen a video of a GTE putting down 207 with a rebuilt motor, im guessing that was due to the milling of the head. who knows