No Heat/coolant Leak Help!!!!!!!!

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I have a bit of a headache amongs me. My 87 NA Auto has no heat (also no ac) aswell as a slight coolant leak. I found the leak and it is coming from the drivers side heater core hose. I think it is juat a bad clamp that isn't tight enough. I know the heater core isn't clogged since I was freely able to flush water and air through it, blowing everything out. The drivers side hc hose however, gets a bad kink in it and doesn't seem to allow proper flow of coolant to the heater core. 1. does anyone know who I can buy a quality hose from? The HVSV also doesn't open when I change temp or fan settings. Ive tried to by-pass it but still no heat. Maybe, Ive done something wrong in that process. Ive followed the sonic tread instuctions. My thermostat is new to and have no problem with the temp gauge. let me know your thoughts please

:aigo:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I just took the old hose off, went to Autozone and went back to their hose rack and found something that was "close enough". I've had 0 probs with it thus far. Also, you may want to buy a 10' roll of the hose to make the ones that dont bend as much, worked for me also. I think I paid like.... $25 for all new hoses (except lower rad, I bet that thing aint cheap)

Arch-Angel

Apr 3, 2005
Nebraska
I just got done with quite the same problem, it seems on the back of our engine (7m-gte) they (Toyota) used a screw clamp instead of a spring clamp. The scew will come loose after some time (like ten years or so) and cause a small leak. Beleive me when I say this this hose is a bitch to get to, but if you already have a leak and are fortunate enough you can simply pull the hose off like I did. You will need a snake or some type of flexible screwdriver to get to the new clamp and a friend if possible. The hose that fits is really simple a 12 inch 90 degree bend with 8 inches on the long side. Got one from Autozone for $10. Now the top part that goes to the firewall will be a little to big and needs to really be clamped down but the other end is the perfect size (this confused me but it worked)and once the clamp is in the right spot and tight it will solve the leak. Take the car on a 3-4 block test drive to see if you got it on there, it will hold pressure at idle if it is still loose.