1/2 Na - T

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I have searched before ne1 says nething, all the info i need was on the old SM and now its gone i didnt anticiepate the whole script kiddie thing to happen.
searched google and alta vista.
so
does ne1 have a write up on 1/2 NA-T i dont need NA-T.
so mods if u dont like this post or think it should go somewhere else please move. thnx
-Mario.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Can someone please clarify this for me? I thought the whole n/a-t thing was moving all the turbo stuff over to an n/a motor. Then I read that the 1/2 n/a-t thing is just that - moving the turbo stuff over. What's the difference/point of this?

Are you guys talking about transferring 1j and 2j turbo systems?

If you are - why don't you just figure out a way to run twin ct-26s....which would give you 500+hp. This was brought up alot on sf, and still no one has attempted it.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
the phrase NA-T means swapping whole motors where as 1/2NA-T means keep NA elictronics and add turbo stuff to NA motor.
this is for the 7M not 1j

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I know it's for the 7m.
Lol, i thought that was the purpose of n/a-t - just swapping turbo stuff over. Swapping a whole motor would mean your now turbo and not n/a-t. For instance, mkiv owners who buy turbo kits, slap them on their n/a and keep the stock n/a intake manifold which goes over the valve covers. oh whatever, lol. I think you guys are reallY confused about this n/a-t stuff.
SOMEBODY BACK ME UP!

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
no i didn't. i'am just trying to say that 1/2 n/a-t and n/a-t is one in the same. If you swap a whole turbo motor into your n/a - then there's nothing n/a about that motor, so how is it n/a-t? The motor is a complete turbo motor. n/a + turbo = n/a-t with n/a elctronics.

edit: n/a-t was a phrase made up by people who did'nt want to deal with the hassle of swapping in a complete turbo motor. Hence, n/a-t.

I'am right. I can piss farther! :D

Last edited:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lol the above statement wasnt ment as an asshole comment srry if it sounded like that
but
1/2 NA-T means NA motor+turbo Mechanical parts+ NA electronics.
NA-T means whole Turbo motor is swapped into the NA.
whats diff. NA pistons are larger thus NA motor only capable of boosting to 9psi (i think) safely.

and no i can piss farther than ur far.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
lol, im probably sounding like more of an ass than you are. I know how the n/a-t thing works - i don't even know why i asked that. I just thought there was some secret thing about 1/2 n/a-t's that i didn't know about - you know, since 1/2 n/a-t and n/a-t ARE THE SAME GODAMN THING! :rofl:

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Go to supraforums and search for 1/2 na-t look for my thread. You can also go to 1/2 Na-t Website, the website isn't anything special but will be updated soon to include a full writeup. Later.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
D34DC311 said:
lol the above statement wasnt ment as an asshole comment srry if it sounded like that
but
1/2 NA-T means NA motor+turbo Mechanical parts+ NA electronics.
NA-T means whole Turbo motor is swapped into the NA.
whats diff. NA pistons are larger thus NA motor only capable of boosting to 9psi (i think) safely.

and no i can piss farther than ur far.

actually the pistons are the same diameter, but they do have a slightly different shape so that the turbo pistons have an 8.5:1 compression ratio, vs. the 9.5 (i think) of the NA.

CT is right though, on MK4's it's usually just referred to as NA-T when they put turbo components on an NA block. But, on this site and when we're talking about MK3's we make the distinction between NA-T and 1/2 NA-T. The former being a conversion where you drop in a full turbo engine, electronics (and in my case the trans and diff too) and 1/2 NA-T being where you convert an NA block to turbo......

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
lol i was going to but really i cant remember after reading those last few posts! i think the 1/2 na->t is a great idea, just kinda leary of using the na eletronics to handle the job

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lol
thnx JT87NA
and for my final answer
1/2 NA-T is diff. then NA-T
i fart in ur general direction

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
lol.
Victoy is...not mine, I guess.
Hmm, all of the people who have done 1/2 n/a-t swaps (as you guys put it), since before this site was up didn't come to my defense - everyone referred to it as an n/a-t conversion on sf. Now. You guys tell me that we make the distinction from mkivs, which I didn't know we were doing. I can live with that.

Still I must say something.

Sell your damn n/a and buy a turbo! :D