Group A intake manifold

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Hey guys, when my buddy goes to Japan over spring break I'm going to see if he can find a Group A throttle body for me. But what I was wondering was if, since the TB is slightly bigger, is the intake manifold slightly improved also? Would it be worth my time to do that upgrade as well? Or should I just ask him to get the plenum for it? Or at that point will the second half of the runners not fit? Thanks to anyone who knows details.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
he WONT find a GROUP A anything.....

damnit people pay attention!

GROUP A= RACE CAR
TURBO A= HOMOLOGATION CAR (500)

that being said...i dont think its different...buti m not sure...

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
The Turbo A has a larger throttle Body and and yes the ports are bigger. I will take some pics as you can visualy see the differance. I still gotta get the motor out of the car so it will be a little while.
Group A's to my knowladge were produced for Racing only and the Toyota had to make at least 500 Turbo A's so the Race version car could be consitered in the stock class, and I have been told it was suppose to boost sales. So I dunno....

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Sry, I didn't even know there was a difference.

If you could take pics it would be great. Will the entire TB-> head system bolt right onto the stock GTE system? Or do things like EGR need to be blocked before it can be used?

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Yes the whole head bolts right on to a USDM or JDM block.

The blocks are the same.... just differant cams, larger TB and the turbo A came with a larger ct26a Turbo. As soon as i get my motor taken apart i will post up some pics!!