rear main seal and rear trans seal?

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm getting ready to replace my clutch and was thinking that I should replace my rear main seal while I'm down there. Also it looks like where the DS goes into the trans (r-154) is leaking a bit. Anyone have procedures for replacing said seals? I figure now would be the easiest time to replace them since the trans will be off the motor for the clutch. Also part numbers would be nice, but if you don't know them off the top of your head don't worry about it..I'm not that lazy. :squint: Thanks Ladies

Jake,
The front of my driveshaft is leaking also, I need to replace my rear trans seal. I have a Haynes (I think its Haynes) repair manual that has step by step instructions for it, I could probably scan it, or just let you borrow it. I am assuming you checked the tsrm already?

-Nick

Supraholic

Mar 31, 2005
Houston, TX
to take the seal out, use the seal remover from auto-zone or some (<$10) and to drive the seal in, i would get a piece of PVC pipe that matches the diameter of the seal, and use a wood block in back of the pvc pipe, and tap with a hammer.
If you are taking the tranny out, replace the seals on the input shaft and the output shaft. -You will need some gasket maker for that though..