Manual Radiator Vs Auto Radiator

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
I have got my manual radiator back from bein stripped,rodded and cleaned out and whatever else they do along with a new rad cap.I also have 4L of toyota Red coolant and 1 bottle of redline water wetter.Do i use the whole bottle of redline water wetter or half?I am bout to go and swap radiators and flush my block/head in time for summer,bring on the 40+deg days for 2weeks in a row and 25deg+ nights and parking in the sun in a black car.:3d_frown:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
well ive added a whole bottle of redline water wetter,bout 3L of toyota red coolant and approx 5L of distilled water.jacked her up and burped her for a good 15mins,water temp is bout 1/3rd the way up,lower than what it was before and approx what it was when i first bought her :icon_bigg .Now for the test drive.:naughty:

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Sounds like you've got it under controll. I was wondering when you jack up the front wheels to burp her...how far off the ground do you need to get the front wheels? I never feel like I get mine high enough off the ground. (Crappy jack)

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
i jacked up the front as high as my trolley jak would go and let it idle for 15mins then had it at a fast idle around 1500-2000 for a cupple mins and then i put the cap on and went for a drive (no more bubbles surfacing) theres a cupple steep hills in my area so i parked there for a cupple mins but i still cant get my heater to blow hot,sometimes it does then other times it blows cold

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Miggles: When I first got my car it did this from time to time and on a trip back from Sydney in winter it stopped working totally (Iceing the screen at 120 kph was NOT fun!)

I finally traced it to a faulty climate control switch assembly changed that and it's been fine for 8 years now!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yep time to pull the glovebox plastics and start checking all the connections under there then maybe pull the Climate Control and check it out!
(some CO Contact cleaner may help in there)

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
manual and auto rads are basically the same. just get a hose that will run between the 2 fittings (or get plugs if you want to be really cool!) for the tranny cooler and it will work either way.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
manual has slightly more volume.I did this as summer is approaching and i dont want to have my car off the road (my only car) so since i have spare parts i got it serviced and put it in.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
ive removed it and opened the tap manualy so hot water flows inside but still no heat.Gotta pull apart the plastics n start wigglin wires i guess.