I am About to Sell My Supra!!

STLSupra

Banned
Aug 13, 2005
South County
:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:
Hey all.... I am a new Supra Owner. :evil2: I have a 87 7M-GTE, 5 speed. I have owned my Supra for about 3 weeks now. I bought it knowing I needed to replace the HG and a few other misc. things. The car sat for about a year. Car turns over and everything works as in lights, radio, AC, ect... Well the past couple of days I have been starting to take everything off and so far it has been a bitch!!! I have owned nothing but DSM's my entire driving life with exception of my Honda and Supra I own now. Doing work on those cars is sooooo simple, and then it come's to my Supra and I feel so overwhelmed! :cry: But so far I have come to the conclusion that I am taking off my emissions stuff and that this car has so many uneeded vacum lines it's not funny. :biglaugh: But is it or does it make things simpler with removing emissions?? What else can I do or remove. I WANT TO TAKE OFF ANYTHING THAT I DONT NEED. Like AC, Emissions, ect... Also is there any solutions to blocking or pluging my emissions lines or do I have to custom do it all my self.

Basicly what can I do to eliminate ANYTHING I do not need in my engine bay. Where should I start. I am just so overwhelmed cause I see my engine all ripped apart and I feel like its so far from running. Please if you have any comments or help or anything of that matter please let me know.Thanks all for your time.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
what does this have to do about selling it?
looks like you're fixing it....

anyway... SEARCH!!!!
there's literally tons of info on removing charcoal canister, egr, and the such.

good luck. it's really an easy car to work on.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
yeah, you'll need block EGR off plates, ditch the charcoal can, you can reduce vac lines down to wastegate, BOV, FPR, boost guage. I think that's it... and if you move lines around, you can coax a few more psi out of the turbo too. power steering comes out easy, but these are HEAVY cars. if your AC works, leave it in.

STLSupra

Banned
Aug 13, 2005
South County
Well, it has nothing to do with selling it but I just felt like there was no hope.

Im dramatic!!! :nono:

I really just want to take off anything not needed. AC doesnt really matter to me( every car Ive owned did not have AC). But I am just used to DSM's and there simplicity. I just need to get used to it.

There are some vac. hoses and other lines on the bottom of the IM, can I take them or block em of or something. What do they do. I am not used to seeing these on IM, except on the TB.

Question...Do you replace your Engine wire harness if it's dry rotting?? If so where and how much do they go for?? Also while I have all my engine apart should I do anything to it?? Replacement wise??

Im sorry everybody if I am talking out my ass right now, its late and I am tired. Thanks for your time and answers!! :icon_bigg

-GREG

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Replace the valve seals along with all the gaskets on the top end (from the block up). Get the head pressure tested for cracks and do yourself a favor and get a valve job from a competent machinest while you've got her apart. It's only gonna cost two or three hundred bucks depending on what your head needs and is good insurance you won't have to go through this again anytime soon. Also, it's a good idea to have your injectors cleaned and calibrated if you can afford it' As far as your wiring harness is concerned, the car is 18 years old so chances are that it might be a little brittle (or a lot) and a bad harness can cause all kinda hell for you. So, if you have any doubts about it's condition (and you should)...replace it. I bought one for mine and I think it was around 250 or 300 bucks. (Don't hold me to that, my memory of it is a little fuzzy). I do however remember that it came with all the connectors labled so install was pretty darn easy. Hope this helps.