need help

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
im not for sure what they are called ,(inspection covers) there are two on my 90 n/a intale.one on the y pipe and the other on the plenum.well i took them both off to do some deatil work and to see how dirty they were inside and the small on on the y pipe was clogged up with carbon.i scraped and got most of it out but when i replaced it and started the car,it ran rough and then died and wont start back up.i cant figure out what happened.it even sounded like the timing was off (like belt was gone)but it was ok.it all happened at once and i have no more ideasunless what i didnt get out fouled the plugs completely but i ran out of daylight to look.

any ideas ???? :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
nothing else was removed or discomected. it was majorly carboned up ,completely.im just thinkin what was left over went to the plugs

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
If you don't seal the plate on the intake properly, the car won't run, as that is a HUGE vaccum leak.

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
there sholldnt be any leak there but i will have to check it tommorow.while it was running rough i tried to listen for leaks around them and i didnt hear any

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Bandit: Grab a spray bottle of water and spray it around the suspect area with it running, if there's a leak you'll hear the engine note change.

(I use "aerostart" for this but it's a bit dangerous so if you do be very careful)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Damn there's that reading thing again ;)

Ok grab some aerostart pull the Injector plugs get a buddy to crank it and spray the AeroStart on the suspect areas if there's a leak it'll fire!

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Starting fluid. The stuff domestic carb'd boys have to dump into there air cleaners on cold mornings to start their 72 olds delta 88 royale(s).

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
yeha, crazy aussy thing to call it Aerostart.
but hey, they live on the bottom of the earth, I suppose name brand starting fluid is the least of their problems ;)

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
can you disconnect the injectors where is a plug to do that without taking every plug loose.if i do that i need to take the plenum off right

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
My guess is there's a main fuse/relay for the injectors you could pull!
(I'm standalone so am only guessing here but Jake or Chris will know for sure)
<edit> see even before I had typed the message!

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
if that dont work?what else could it be?im gettin pretty desperate since my d/d(a 90 grand prix dont get as good of gas milage)and gas prices are gettin to 350 a gallon here